13u, AAU National Champion Runner-Up

Info, pictures, advice...
tmann11

Post by tmann11 »

Gentlemen,

We represented the state of Virginia extremely well. The boys won nine straight games to make it to the national title game. Unfortunately they lost 7 - 3. Robbie, my step-son, was named to the tournament team and had an excellent tournament while learning a great experience. He's the one on the bottom left. You can usually tell how good a player is by how dirty the uniform is, and his is very dirty. Anyway, they finished 2nd in the national tournanament. Thought I'd let you guys know how it finished.

nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

That great picture will be in the family for generations. You the coach??
tmann11

Post by tmann11 »

No, gave that up several years ago. The coaches on this team are recently grads from a local university. Two of them coach JV at local high schools. I'm sending him to the "Faris" baseball camp in MD next Sunday so he can get evaluated by professional scouts. He'll be there for four days. I had to walk away and let others teach him what I couldn't, although I'm very much still involved.

Thanks!!!
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

Hope you gave them all a pat one the back and a big smile. They all deserve it!!
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Congratulations! A moment to be proud of that neither of you will ever forget!!

8~)
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

A great photo and what a wonderful experience for the entire team. I would not trade one moments worth of the memory's that I have from my youth playing baseball, basketball and football. Team sports are true character builders and a boy who puts out that much effort to gain a base already has learned one of life's hard lessons, Never Give Up.
G.R.