Numrich has "New" magazines

Info, pictures, advice...
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Numrich has "New" magazines

Post by Ketchman »

Hey all,
Was on the Numrich site today and found they stock "New" aftermarket magazines for the P64. Does not say who makes them but the pictures look pretty good, possibly worth a try. $19.75.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1828660
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Numrich has "New" magazines

Post by Curly1 »

Not a bad price considering what I have seen originals going for.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Poppy42

Post by Poppy42 »

Ordered one last week and it came today! Looks pretty good everything matches up haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet but it cycles fine! The price is a heck of a lot better than the 50 bucks plus shipping I’ve seen originals go for. Specially if you’re not looking for collectibility and just have a shooter! I’ll report back after I get to the range and try it out.
Long, wide, deep, and without hesitation
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Poppy, any indication of who the manufacturer is?
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Poppy42

Post by Poppy42 »

Nope! No makers marks what so ever! It’s definitely new manufacturer and as best as I can tell it matches up pretty exact to my original magazine. Still haven’t been to the range yet but like I said it dry cycles fine.
GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick »

The website says "Radom". Perhaps some were discovered after being stored away.

Looks like I gotta grab a couple at that price. Can't really lose.
Nodakdad

Post by Nodakdad »

I put in an order for 4, will see how they look
GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick »

Got two today and eagerly loaded them into a couple of my P-64s with model years '68 and '70.

So far, they will hold open the slide when empty and the slide is racked. Normal.
They will feed a round into the chamber in both guns. Again, normal.
They will not extract that round because the slide is not able to move rearward more than about 3/8" or so. The mag must be released to extract the round. It looks like the top of the feed lips are interfering with the extraction and need to be relieved of some material to allow the slide to cycle properly.
Still looking for information before beginning surgery on them. Gonna take a much more detailed look before doing anything.
This was not entirely unexpected, but is somewhat disappointing.

Edit:
Last night, I spent some quality time with these magazines and my Dremel. I think we have reached an understanding as they now seem to be working in all of my P-64s. A trip to the range is planned for this weekend to test them along with a couple of new mags for my old 1911.

I removed just a little material from the front of the feed lips until the slide would eject a round with a mag still secured in the well.

Before anyone asks, all tests were performed using A-Zoom crap caps. If the mags will cycle them, any real ammunition should be perfect!
Poppy42

Post by Poppy42 »

Well I finally made it to the range yesterday. I put about 50 rounds through my P 64 with the new magazine. It operated flawlessly! Absolutely no difference between the new magazine and the original! I ordered another one! Certainly beats the heck out of the ridiculous money they are going for on places like gun brokers! If you can find one! I kind of had a feeling they were going to work just fine, as I stated earlier I could see no difference between a new one and the original. although I didn’t Mic the new magazine, or do any precise measurements. Visually, every aspect of the new magazine appears to be an exact duplicate of the original. I highly recommend them! As of last night they were still available, but I don’t know how long that will last.
Poppy42
GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick »

I got out to the range today and ran the new magazines in my shooter and they both performed perfectly after the alterations to the top of the feed lips.

I found the thread on the magazine change but was unclear as to exactly what needed to be done, so I went with my gut. Worked out well, this time.

I concur with Poppy42. If you need spare mags, these are an excellent value and work as they should.
Nodakdad

Post by Nodakdad »

I got my 4 in. Only tried them in one pistol so far but I can barely get them to go in, getting them out was needing a pair of pliers. Going to try them in the other ones, but if they are all the same i will not be a happy camper.
GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick »

Nodakdad wrote: February 28th, 2021, 9:20 pm I got my 4 in. Only tried them in one pistol so far but I can barely get them to go in, getting them out was needing a pair of pliers. Going to try them in the other ones, but if they are all the same i will not be a happy camper.
What year is the pistol you had problems getting them into?
Nodakdad

Post by Nodakdad »

So who's the dummy who tightened up the grip screw to much? This guy. It
dawned on me that i ran into it before, gave it a turn loose and they work fine. So one mag looks a little funny now. Moral of the story, think before Dremeling.
Marty8613

Post by Marty8613 »

Thanks for the thread. Numeric has increased the price to $22 and change, but after loosening my grip screw and going over them with a silicone rag, they fit fine. I can’t tell them from the original by any measurement. Grip screw can’t be too tight with these new mags or they hang up so tight you can’t get them out. Only took 1/4 turn out on the grip screw. Jump on these before they are gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Sounds good!!