Silver Bear 94gr Hollow point - Report

Info, pictures, advice...
spyguy

Post by spyguy »

I seem to remember some discussion about weather the Silver Bear 94gr Hollow point rounds would expand or not.

I did a little plinking today and as part of my business (Techie geeky kinda stuff) I get to dispose of hard drives. I occasionally find creative ways to do this and here is the result.

Although I would have liked to have seen them penetrate the drive completely my disappointment was rewarded with some well preserved examples of what this round does after impacting a hard target.

There were also a large number of lead fragments that either fell out of the drive when I retrieved it or during the post mortum disassembly of the drive. Either way, I am convinced that this round is not a waste of time.

Enjoy....
Last edited by spyguy on July 22nd, 2007, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

That looks like good expansion to me. Go in small come out big. I wonder how it would look if it was fired into balistic jell?
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

well, looks like someone will have to test that won't they (sorry, I can't shoot in my backyard.)

I've got a link on how to make home made gel, I'm not on the right computer now so I'll post it later.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

Last edited by trent on July 22nd, 2007, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

Is there anyone else on here that can only view half of this forum page without having to scroll on the bottom bar? Perhaps, if spyguy would not post any of his sized images side-by-side....
Last edited by bzinggg on July 22nd, 2007, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spyguy

Post by spyguy »

Is there anyone else on here that can only view half of this forum page without having to scroll on the bottom bar? Perhaps, if spyguy would not post any of his sized images side-by-side....
Sounds like it might be time for a new video card and a nice new wide screen LCD???? (kidding, all in fun)

Edited for your pleasure. I'll remember to format for everyone in future posts.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

;DNo offense taken! I don't know about the card, but I believe this monitor of mine will serve...

devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by devlinfaust »

Nice photos, Spyguy. I have a 286 and 386 that I have hated to get rid of, but are hopelessly obsolte. No one will even take them as charity. I think you've just given me some ideas.....