Need Norm's Trigger Pin install instructions

Info, pictures, advice...
MotorCity

Need Norm's Trigger Pin install instructions

Post by MotorCity »

Hi All,

I put Polish Iron grips on my 1973 P64 and on the first shot the trigger guard hinge pin popped out. I bought a new one. I push in the trigger guard to unlock the detent and removed the original pin. I cleaned the detent tunnel area out thoroughly. Depressing the detent and getting the trigger pin holes lined up is a pretty fiddly affair. Is this really an awkward brute force compression challenge or am I ignorant of some clever tric to compress this? I am glad I saw Norm's note on the detent being there. I would not have guessed that they used one there.

Cheers from Motown.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Need Norm's Trigger Pin install instructions

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome Motorcity

Are you referring to this post?

http://www.p64resource.com/forum/viewto ... 1&start=15
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
MotorCity

Re: Need Norm's Trigger Pin install instructions

Post by MotorCity »

Yes! Thank you Curly1! I padded the vise jaws with an old t Shirt and was able to gently line up the holes. I had the barrel pointing to the right exactly as shown. The replacement pin went in through the frame until it contacted the trigger guard part. I then tried from the bottom side. The pin slid in with finger pressure until it was almost all the way in. I imagine that the detent still wants to provide a little deflection as the vise's compression is not perfectly aligned with the detent's force. I was able to take a small brass punch, line it up with the 'almost entirely in pin' and gently apply a couple of taps with the side of the hammer and it's perfect. Thanks so much! I am really looking forward to shooting this beast again. It points wonderfully and when I draw and don't think too hard, it magically lines up with the target.