Problem with new P-64.

Info, pictures, advice...
mmafan

Problem with new P-64.

Post by mmafan »

I bought a P-64 off of gunbroker and when I field stripped it I accidently fired the pistol.

When the hammer dropped for some strange reason the "trigger bar" came out of the trigger.

Is this normal or did the seller sell me a faulty weapon? (He said it was in good working order but the deal was no returns as I got the gun for a good price).

I tried using the directions in the trigger assembly/re-assembly, but find it almost impossible to set the trigger spring on the 2nd trigger bar post.

Any suggestions?

If this guy sold me a faulty weapon I want to be sure to give him a bad review.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Problem with new P-64.

Post by bzinggg »

You left a round in when you field stripped and experienced accidental discharge? Or do you mean that you accidentally dropped the hammer while field stripping with the slide off, no round in the chamber, and the trigger bar fell out of position?
mmafan

Problem with new P-64.

Post by mmafan »

You left a round in when you field stripped and experienced accidental discharge? Or do you mean that you accidentally dropped the hammer while field stripping with the slide off, no round in the chamber, and the trigger bar fell out of position?
ha ha sorry, dropped the hammer, not accidental discharge

and i can now get the spring on the 2nd trigger bar, or so it seems as I cant really see if it is actually on the bar or just under pressue

however it keeps coming off the 2nd bar quite easily if I field strip the weapon
pshootr

Problem with new P-64.

Post by pshootr »

You may want to contact Norm Sutton by reading this post here: http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi?bo ... 1179953781
He has the spring you need.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Problem with new P-64.

Post by normsutton »

mmafan

PUT GUN IN PLASTIC BAG THAT YOU CAN SEE THOUGH AND GET BOTH HANDS IN THIS WAY YOU WON’T LOSE THE SLIDE STOP SPRING TAKE SLIDE STOP OFF THIS WAY YOU CAN SEE THE TAIL OF THE SPRING WHEN YOU PUT THE TRIGGER BAR ON

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Problem with new P-64.

Post by blinddog »

follow what Norm said. I bought a trigger spring from him when mine broke. I followed the instructions he sent and was only one hand short in making it an easy job. Just be patient and you can install the spring. If yours is broke Norm has some really good springs.
mmafan

Problem with new P-64.

Post by mmafan »

thanks guys i appear to have it on now, just gotta go to the range and test fire it