Broken P64

Post by duggi60 »

I have four -- need more !
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Broken P64

Post by carguy »

Empire Arms lists them in stock for $175 + shipping. Maybe you could do better on price at an online auction but I understand that you'll never find better quality product than what Empire Arms sells. And he stands behind everything he sells.

Just my 2 cents.

8~)
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Broken P64

Post by trent »

I believe, Importers tend to let things in in bursts, that way when they "dry up" people are rushing to get the last ones, and after a time has passed, they magically find a new stash.

at least this is my thought, I first gained it when I was looking for a Makarov PM, I called many different stores and got a similar answer that sounded alittle too suspicious, what they said went something like; "no sir, whe don't have any anymore and they are gone forever but we do have one that someone just traded back to us that we are willing to sell for ___(insert heavially inflated price here)
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Broken P64

Post by normsutton »

I think they are at the bottom of the barrel because the ones I've seen up closes are not unisued lots of holsters ware , like the very first ones that were imported, the only good thing is they have the flat grips on them ( no thumb rest ) and I don't think they have to many of them and the ones that don't sell will become part guns I hope

right now more and more people are turning to the PA-63 or the CZ-82's to get their 9 x 18 fix because they can't find a MAK or a P-64 and I know there are still some out there but not that many and they are not going to be cheep as they used to be

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Broken P64

Post by duggi60 »

Sounds like the old -- supply & demand game !
nicksterdemus

Broken P64

Post by nicksterdemus »

How many 64's ya figure the polish government produced over the yrs? Millions? 3/4 mil? Now in bulk whatcha figure Century or any other importer bought? 25K, 50K, 100k? Ain't no way I'm gonna believe the suppy is dried up. Might be @ the wholesaler warehouse but I feel confident there are plenty stored in crates somewhere............
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Broken P64

Post by bzinggg »

Because of the size of the population of Poland, and what it translates into in military and police personnel numbers, there probably were many P-64s made since it was in service for quite a while before being upgraded. I don't think a million, but many and I wouldn't doubt the existence of crates at all. Distributors creating demand, then drying up the supply temporarily to increase price sounds like a plausible theory to me. One only has to look at OPEC operations over the years to see the profitability of this type ploy.