First time out and loved it.

Info, pictures, advice...
trkfrye

Post by trkfrye »

This is a great gun.

I bought searcher36's piece and it is an awesome gun. He is a awesome guy to do business with. Double Thumbs UP!!! ;D

I absolutely love it. Took it out the day I got it from my FFL. He was also impressed. The gun looks practically new. Took a little to get used to the single action trigger, but wow.

Went to a show today and bought a half a case of the Silver Bear hollow points to play with.

Doesn't kick as much as I thought. I guess that I am used to my concealed carry gun, Interarms Walther PPK.

I plan on doing a lot shooting with the gun.

I look forward to many more threads with you guys.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

congrat's trk! does yours not have a double action trigger? or are you refering to how I use the gun (because of the heavy double I just use it in single)
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

I think he meant it took a little time to get used to the double-action pull.....or mebbe to shooting single-action when he's been used to a DA only gun. Can't tell for sure. Surely the single-action pull is sweet and crisp on that P-64 or it has a problem.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

I let a friedn at the gun club yesterday shoot my P64. I warned him about the slightly stiff DA pull ( I have an 18# spring in there so it is much smoother ) but he quickly fired a second shot preparing for target reacquisition. He was shocked about how light the SA pull was. That might be what trkfrye was referencing.
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by devlinfaust »

Trkfrye,

Glad you had such a good time. Everytime I pull out a P-64 and let others shoot it, they are always impressed by the accuracy and recoil. Over time, they are impressed with the reliability. This little pistol is still largely a 'sleeper' in the general shooting world.