J&G Sales

Info, pictures, advice...
Sirrus_Rider

J&G Sales

Post by Sirrus_Rider »

I see J&G Sales still has P-64 in stock in good USED condition. Has anyone received one lately? I was going to get another from Classic, but they have run out so I'm looking around without resorting to Auction sites..
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: J&G Sales

Post by Curly1 »

Bernadette just ordered 2 from them, will see what turns up.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Sirrus_Rider wrote: January 1st, 2019, 7:44 pm I see J&G Sales still has P-64 in stock in good USED condition. Has anyone received one lately? I was going to get another from Classic, but they have run out so I'm looking around without resorting to Auction sites..
Man how time flies. I coulda sworn that I was still getting emails from Classic telling me they were on sale. But looking back the last one was Nov. 18th, I guess that sale went well for them...

Looking at the pictures on J&G's site the example that they have up is not a looker. It looks to have been shot and used a lot. The Blueing is worn off and it seems there may be some pitting. The description it's self says "Blued finish will show quite a bit of service wear, and due to arsenal refurbishing, the finish tone may vary." The price they are asking seems high to me for one with that much wear. Once you add on the second Mag, the price is higher than what we used to pay for a pristine P-64 with two Mags. But if you are willing to pay the asking price, knowing what you get will probably be in a little worse condition, and a shooter only, then you'll be happy...

It seems that these are really starting to dry up as well. These seem to be the last of the refurbished batches that have recently been imported. Intuition is telling me we won't see to many more if any in the Surplus stores. So although the price is high, if you don't have the numbers that you want, then get it now...

Another option could be locally. I know I've seen these at Bass Pro, Gander Outdoors, and Cabela's, they are normally a higher price, but you get to handle them first...
Curly1 wrote: January 2nd, 2019, 3:56 pm Bernadette just ordered 2 from them, will see what turns up.
We will see... I hope you added extra mags on. For the price of the extra Mag. you can't beat that.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

+1 on the extra mags, get those while the getting is good.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.