Police training models

Info, pictures, advice...
Cyndicalist

Police training models

Post by Cyndicalist »

Anyone have the skinny in the police models?

I know they are cut open on the barrel, but can they operate with a new barrel? Do you need to DROS them?

Are the other parts usable?

Any insight is helpful, I got offered 2 for 200 and want to do it if it's a good deal.

Thanks folks!
"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary." - Karl Marx
GuitarmanNick

Re: Police training models

Post by GuitarmanNick »

If you are talking about the ones I think you are, those guns are for collecting and displaying only. They are not meant to be repaired for shooting! They are for teaching about the operation of the firearm, only.
Cyndicalist

Post by Cyndicalist »

The "school" ones, right?

I guess more specifically I want to know if I can buy one for parts. Not so much fix the training pistol, but to get some needed extra stuff. By its good to know they can't be fixed themselves.

Thanks!
"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary." - Karl Marx
GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick »

That is correct. There are some good parts in them, but these may also become more collectible as time goes on just because they are unusual.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

GuitarmanNick wrote: December 1st, 2018, 11:19 am but these may also become more collectible as time goes on just because they are unusual.
I don't really think that is true. These "School" or "Training" P-64s have been around for a while. There are plenty of them and I have only seen them go down in price over time.

As far as parts or repairs go...

There has been a thread where one of these was refurbished back to working order (viewtopic.php?t=5177). So it can be done. There may have been another one refurbished as well, I can't remember. Although a little bit more effort must be put in.

Most of the small parts on these are functional and can be moved to other P-64s that need them. Most notable the Safeties, at an estimated value of $35 ea and $70 total that alone would count for over a third of the cost of these.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.