Latest Acquisition from Classic

Info, pictures, advice...
GuitarmanNick

Latest Acquisition from Classic

Post by GuitarmanNick »

Anyone looking to add another P-64 to the arsenal, the one that I just received from Classic appears unfired and is in excellent condition. I did not pay for "hand select" this time, and got one that is as close to "mint" as I have seen.

I haven't cleaned it up yet, but I am very happy. It is also the same year as the first one I got from them. :D
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Latest Acquisition from Classic

Post by Curly1 »

Post pics for our viewing pleasure.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick »

Here it is after I cleaned it up.
NoisyCricket2.jpg
I think that these were refurbished at some point. The barrel and feed ramp was pristine. The first patch through came out clean!
The slide stop spring was installed upside down which made it a pain to remove. On the inside of the slide stop, the number from another gun was engraved in it by hand. The hammer strut had some rough spots on it, but it cleaned up okay with a file and some polishing. Looks like mostly new parts with a few reused parts.

The SA trigger is a very nice 3 lbs. and the DA is high, but not bad compared to my other P-64. Feels a little higher than my S&W Model 10. My scale only goes up to 8 lbs. and I am guessing it is around a 12 lb. pull on DA.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Looks nice!
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Wonabe

Post by Wonabe »

Dang, wish I would have came here before I bit the bullet and ordered another. Gun looks nice but what a butt ugly billboard import mark, never would have bought if I knew they stopped putting the small import mark on the underside. It's Classic though, shouldn't be surprised. If it was the small import mark I'm sure it'd be like last time were they typed a whole paragraph toting "discrete import mark!!". They really need to start showing pics of both sides, ran into the same issue with their Cheetah except it was a HUGE, WHITE color filled rollmark
GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick »

Wonabe, you are right about the import mark being a billboard. Since I purchased these to be shooters, and it is doubtful that any of them have any real historical significance, I was looking more for reliability and concealment.

For my needs, these are a good value. If you are looking for a collector's piece, these are not the P-64's you are looking for.
Wonabe

Post by Wonabe »

Picked mine up today, very early production 1966. Got lucky and received one in 100% condition, literally perfect. Shame it wasn't marked discretely, would make a nice collector piece other wise. Going to stick this in the safe anyways, can't bring myself to use it as a night stand gun.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Wonabe wrote: November 17th, 2018, 2:34 pm Picked mine up today, very early production 1966. Got lucky and received one in 100% condition, literally perfect. Shame it wasn't marked discretely, would make a nice collector piece other wise. Going to stick this in the safe anyways, can't bring myself to use it as a night stand gun.
The it's an awesome gun for the price you paid!

It's a Surplus gun that was not used in any major conflicts, and you got it for not much more than $200 out the door. Face it, it's NOT a collectors piece. Get over the billboard it's not that bad. We got it you don't like the import marks. From the looks of the one posted above, it was P.W. Arms whom put the import mark on, why don't you go complain to them?
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Wonabe

Post by Wonabe »

Sorry to burst your bubble but plenty of people consider surplus commie block weapons collectable, including the p64. Especially unissued ones. I have a khyber pass makarov and a US manufacture (remington) mosin nagant and there's no shortage of people willing to give their left testicle for either to add to their collection.

And I was just saying I wish another importer got ahold of such a nice batch. I think this one is still nice enough to go in a display box, just have to find another without markings on the left side to compliment it.
Granpooba

Post by Granpooba »

Just this past week, emails passed between Classic and myself. Also, even some phone calls, with Classic's representative.

I explained the condition/quality P64 that I was seeking and if they did not have one that measured up, then to cancel my order, thus saving troubles later. I was told that I will be EXTRMELY pleased with the one that they have selected and are shipping to me. It should be arriving the middle of this coming week.

This P64 will be my third one, thus I can only assume that " I AM A COLLECTOR " ! :hi:

I to have a Mosin Nagant, stamped with the year of my birth, which is 1943. Thus, I can only assume that I am once again a collector in that department also. :lol:
rt66paul

Post by rt66paul »

These guns are cheap enough that maybe you should keep the one with character to shoot and put the other away as a safe queen - best of both worlds.....
GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick »

rt66paul wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 12:21 pm These guns are cheap enough that maybe you should keep the one with character to shoot and put the other away as a safe queen - best of both worlds.....
That is pretty much what I have done. The first will be my shooter. Gotta finish a few projects before I add any more to my rather humble collection, but a P-64 parts gun is still on my list(yes, I actually have written a list) of items to acquire.