Magazines for new owners

Info, pictures, advice...
Sirrus_Rider

Re: Magazines for new owners

Post by Sirrus_Rider »

Ketchman wrote: October 17th, 2018, 12:22 am Nice work. So, 3 new mags for carry and a modded one for range work. Let us know how the mags functions please. And again congrats for initiative.
One thing I noticed now that I have a few Polish arsenal OEM magazines is the tight fit of the United Defense magazines is not unique . I would even say it was more the norm! in fact the Polish OEMs take nearly as much force as the United defense mag and one I really have to work to get it pulled out.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Funny, all my.magazines slide in and out easily and I have 4 or 5. Hmmmm. Well at least you have mags now. Now to the range and see how and if they all work well.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Sirrus_Rider

Post by Sirrus_Rider »

Ketchman wrote: October 18th, 2018, 9:33 pm Funny, all my.magazines slide in and out easily and I have 4 or 5. Hmmmm. Well at least you have mags now. Now to the range and see how and if they all work well.

I'm currently waiting for my Wolff spring kit to come in. I'm probably going to drop the hammer spring to an 18 which might help with the magazine extraction problem. At least the mag catch won't be so hard to depress. Plus, I need to buy some ammo for it
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Depending on where you call home finding ammo may or may not be problematical. Let us know if the hammer spring swap helps.
BeoBill

Post by BeoBill »

I've found Academy's Monarch house brand is the cheapest, yet works consistently and as well as anyone else's.
Sirrus_Rider

Post by Sirrus_Rider »

Just a follow up on the United Defense Mag. Once modified to fit my pistol it functioned perfectly. I took it to the range and stuffed it three times. If I had a need I'd buy a few more, but I've came up with 7 mags so I'm not in that great of need.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Great! Glad to hear it all worked out for you and you have functional mags. Keep on shooting man.