Best place from which to buy my P-64?

Info, pictures, advice...
BeoBill

Re: Best place from which to buy my P-64?

Post by BeoBill »

I agree on AIM, but I've had good service from Classic as well. It's all in how you approach them, I guess.
Cyndicalist

Post by Cyndicalist »

Same here - I got my original P64 from AIM and it was 99%+ (save for the safety was busted). BUT - they took it back without any stink and were willing to work something. They were great. I also buy a lot of ammo from them. They have great people there and the best prices I've found. CLose second for ammo is Outdoor Limited.

I would totally buy another P64 from AIM - but they were sold out. So I got mine from DK - which turned out great.

Anyhow OP - tell us what you end up getting and welcome.
Cobalt-60 wrote: July 25th, 2018, 6:14 pm I have had good luck ordering from AIM Surplus. While they may be fractionally more expensive than other surplus sellers, they are more likely to include other items (like a 2nd magazine) in their cost, than some other sellers. Also, IMHO, they do a better job of "grading" the quality of the used firearms they sell.
"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary." - Karl Marx
Granpooba

Post by Granpooba »

Cyndicalist wrote: July 26th, 2018, 6:13 pm Same here - I got my original P64 from AIM and it was 99%+ (save for the safety was busted). BUT - they took it back without any stink and were willing to work something. They were great. I also buy a lot of ammo from them. They have great people there and the best prices I've found. CLose second for ammo is Outdoor Limited.

I would totally buy another P64 from AIM - but they were sold out. So I got mine from DK - which turned out great.

Cobalt-60 wrote: July 25th, 2018, 6:14 pm I have had good luck ordering from AIM Surplus. While they may be fractionally more expensive than other surplus sellers, they are more likely to include other items (like a 2nd magazine) in their cost, than some other sellers. Also, IMHO, they do a better job of "grading" the quality of the used firearms they sell.
I have also purchased ammo from Outdoor Limited. Personally, as far as I am concerned they are A+ in my book and I need not look any further for any future ammo purchases.

As a matter of fact, I have mentioned Outdoor Limited to a number of people and they all agree and have changed over to Outdoor for all of their ammo purchases.
Cyndicalist

Post by Cyndicalist »

Granpooba wrote: July 26th, 2018, 6:24 pm
Cyndicalist wrote: July 26th, 2018, 6:13 pm Same here - I got my original P64 from AIM and it was 99%+ (save for the safety was busted). BUT - they took it back without any stink and were willing to work something. They were great. I also buy a lot of ammo from them. They have great people there and the best prices I've found. CLose second for ammo is Outdoor Limited.

I have also purchased ammo from Outdoor Limited. Personally, as far as I am concerned they are A+ in my book and I need not look any further for any future ammo purchases.

As a matter of fact, I have mentioned Outdoor Limited to a number of people and they all agree and have changed over to Outdoor for all of their ammo purchases.

Outdoor Limited is now my go to. But I do have some loyalty to AIM Surplus as well so I check there second for other ammo if Outdoor doesn't have it.

I am in California, so I also appreciate any company that will still ship here.
"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary." - Karl Marx
Granpooba

Post by Granpooba »

Cyndicalist wrote: July 27th, 2018, 1:15 pm
Granpooba wrote: July 26th, 2018, 6:24 pm

Outdoor Limited is now my go to. But I do have some loyalty to AIM Surplus as well so I check there second for other ammo if Outdoor doesn't have it.

I am in California, so I also appreciate any company that will still ship here.
You made a very good point in regards to items shipped to California.

Living here in New York state, we are lucky if anybody will ship anything here. But Outdoor Limited will ship to New York state and I am very thankful to them for that.

Only other thing that gets shipped here are taxes . :(
usagi

Post by usagi »

my P64 from DK firearms was pristine, looks like it's never been fired.
GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick »

I bought mine from Classic and got one that was like new. I have heard mixed reviews but I think some of the complaints come from people that expect more than is described.
I have heard only good things about DK and will look to them first for any C&R purchases in the future.