Longevity

Info, pictures, advice...
mecenas

Longevity

Post by mecenas »

I think that the best answer to this question of longetivity is the fact that since the year P64 was first produced(1964) it is still being issued to and carried by the police in Poland.
There is a very interesting thread on the Polish police forum that deals specifically with this particular pistol. Many members write about their P64s with a lot of love and admiration.
Some of these guns had many users as they were being issued and re-issued to new members of the police force over the past 43 years.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Longevity

Post by carguy »

Search36, I have sent you a PM if you get the chance.
I feel like a matchmaker...I want one...he has one...I'll buy it...EVERYBODY is happy and we have a new P-64 owner!!
trkfrye

Longevity

Post by trkfrye »

Right On!!!
redfestiva

Longevity

Post by redfestiva »

trkfrye,
First off welcome to the forum. I see you are from SW Ohio. I'm from Dayton,Oh. The Bill Goodman gun & knife shows in Cincinnati and Dayton usually have a few P- 64's at about $160 - $170. A friend of mine got a perfect 74 triangle hammer P-64 there for $165. That way you can see the gun you're buying and avoid the shipping and FFL transfer fees.
trkfrye

Longevity

Post by trkfrye »

RedFestiva,

I am from Lebanon.

Just made a deal with Searcher36 to buy his piece.

I am gong to want to get some more magazines though. I would like to make this my carry piece. I always like to have at least 6 clips for each of my guns.

May be interested in another though. Great to have an identical backup piece.

I have 2 .380's. A SS PPK and a P230. Will probably get rid of one of them now.

I am thinking about one of those CZ82's from AIM. Went there and talked to the guys and they said that the new shipment guns are in awesome shape.
donnerwetter58

Longevity

Post by donnerwetter58 »

trkfrye,
SOG in Lebanon had P-64 magazines for $9.95. Check them first.
You won't be disappointed with a CZ-82.
I've heard nothing but good comments on the current batch at AIM. I'll be up that way tomorrow and I have a feeling another CZ-82 will follow me home.
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Longevity

Post by devlinfaust »

Trkfrye,

Welcome to the forum. You'll find a wealth of information here. There are some very 'in the know' folks and they don't crap on you for asking information--this place is a 'diamond in the rough' for gun forums.

I would strongly advise getting the springs from Wolff. They'll help with the rocoil, which is a good thing. People on this site have debated the recoil, but when I first shot my P-64, I was aghast as to how bad it really was. I've shot 44 magnums and had no problems, but the P-64 really stung me. I found out later I was holding it too tightly and the trick is to allow the pistol to ride in your hand somewhat, but that said, Wolff springs and a hogue slip on later, the recoil is just fine.

I have two 1968's, and they both digest everything that's put in em--except for the Hornady hollowpoint. Others on this forum have not had the same trouble with the Hornady's, but that's the only thing I've found in mine that won't feed 100% of the time.

Good luck with your purchase. I think you'll be very pleased!
9x18shooter

Longevity

Post by 9x18shooter »

donner,

That happened to me 2 weeks ago. I went to Aim to get ammo and came home with another 82 and no ammo. This tends to happen now and then. ;D
This last batch of 82's are in really nice condition.
trkfrye

Longevity

Post by trkfrye »

donnerwetter58 ,

Just called SOG and they said that they were out of both mags and pistole. Drag.

Still thinking hard about one of those 82's.

I am absolutely going to change out the springs on the piece. I have shot many .44's and always been good with them, but some of the "pocket pistols" sure do have a good snap.
redfestiva

Longevity

Post by redfestiva »

This may be your answer to getting magazines. they have been around a little while and they seem to work fine.

http://www.forwardsupply.com/index.php? ... 8afd36c547
9x18shooter

Longevity

Post by 9x18shooter »

Well it sounds like original spare mags are drying up. I have some of these new ones from forward supply and they function just fine so far.