P-64 and Its Trigger Bar?

Info, pictures, advice...
Splat

P-64 and Its Trigger Bar?

Post by Splat »

I'm a P-64 newbie and have no places around with one so I've never even handled one. I did handle a PPK the other day and IIRC the P-64 is slightly bigger, which is OK. I'd like to get my birth year of 1970 but I see mention of 1971 and a trigger bar. I can't figure how it would work without one. Is the 1970 version less-safe than later models, especially for carrying? Thank you. Dziękuję Ci.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: P-64 and Its Trigger Bar?

Post by Weasel640 »

They both have Trigger Bars. The main changes that took place was with the hammer (round vs triangle) and the feed lips of the magazines. A 1970 should be no less safe than any other, as long as you know how your P-64 functions and treat it safely.

Also; Although similar in size the inner workings of the P-64 is totally different than the PPK. There really is not a very good comparison there its like Apples to Oranges both are about the same size but very different.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Granpooba

Post by Granpooba »

Just wondering, what are the differences between the P64 and the PPK :?:

I like them both. :)

They both go bank, right :?: :wink:
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Granpooba wrote: February 12th, 2018, 7:05 pm Just wondering, what are the differences between the P64 and the PPK :?:

They both go bank, right :?: :wink:
The biggest difference internally is how the Sear and Hammer function. The PPK has an extra piece that is a quarter circle shape that interacts with the Trigger Bar, Sear, and Hammer. Also the Hammer has a ratcheting piece attached to it. The Sear and Hammer in the PPK are more like the Sear in the P-83. Additionally the Disconnector is totally different. The obvious exterior difference is the Magazine Release. That just to name a few.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Granpooba

Post by Granpooba »

Weasel640 wrote: February 12th, 2018, 11:11 pm
Granpooba wrote: February 12th, 2018, 7:05 pm Just wondering, what are the differences between the P64 and the PPK :?:

They both go bang\, right :?: :wink:
The biggest difference internally is how the Sear and Hammer function. The PPK has an extra piece that is a quarter circle shape that interacts with the Trigger Bar, Sear, and Hammer. Also the Hammer has a ratcheting piece attached to it. The Sear and Hammer in the PPK are more like the Sear in the P-83. Additionally the Disconnector is totally different. The obvious exterior difference is the Magazine Release. That just to name a few.
Thanks Weasel. Will add info to my " Knowledge Locker ". :)
Granpooba

Post by Granpooba »

Granpooba wrote: February 15th, 2018, 7:30 pm
Weasel640 wrote: February 12th, 2018, 11:11 pm

They both go bang, right :?: :wink:
Thanks Weasel. Will add info to my " Knowledge Locker ". :)
Granpooba

Post by Granpooba »

Sorry Folks, on the double posting. Fingers are faster than this Ole Pollack's brain. :lol: