Latest grip from PI

Info, pictures, advice...
Polishiron68

Latest grip from PI

Post by Polishiron68 »

Hi All, ( reposted from last night in "fixes/mods.")
I for one love the leather grip. I can see possibilities beyond the first draft. I'll ask a leather working friend of mine. I'm sure they can be die stamped/ formed. With artwork included.
But while we wait. Here is my latest. The v.04 beavertail. Just tested today. 100 rnds. I will test at least 400 more before release. Felt like a p-64 without the slide bite and grip pinch.
Very comfy to hold. And easy on the eyes. No shock absorption at all. But it didn't hurt. Just my pinky from the mag foot. I'm reworking that also.
I have two versions. The other is narrower. I'll follow up with a Flickr link to more pics In a couple days.
This grip is a rigid polyurethane. Slides on from the rear. Small snap in place and retained with screw. I may supply a small special tool to make removal easier. I deliberately tightened up the fit. All internal geometry is identical to the OEM grip.
And will function as such.
That pattern is a repeatable process. Kind of going for the old Bakelite look Everyone will be unique.
Solid colors always available. And a little cheaper.
The first two models will require the extended mag lever. I've closed up the gaping hole in the grip base. Leaving only clearance for the extended mag. Lever. Very clean and so much more functional.
Also the checkering on the back strap is laser engraved. Turned out pretty nice. I am also working on laser or cnc engraved artwork. Should have pics in a couple days.
All for now. Let me make sure these are reliable before I offer pricing.
Thanks again for all your support.
Russ...
Polish Iron Grips
Attachments
IMG_0436.JPG
IMG_0435.JPG
IMG_0432.JPG
IMG_0432.JPG (29.26 KiB) Viewed 6768 times
IMG_0431.JPG
IMG_0431.JPG (32.13 KiB) Viewed 6768 times
IMG_0430.JPG
IMG_0430.JPG (27.09 KiB) Viewed 6768 times
1boomer

Re: Latest grip from PI

Post by 1boomer »

Hi Russ,

I recently picked up a P-64 and installed one of your grips on it, and enjoy the feel much better than the OEM. However, I have to say that I am smitten with your latest creation, the v.04 beavertail. I can hardly wait to order one and install it on my pistol. Keep up the great work.

Cheers,
1boomer
Seattle-area
OG17

Post by OG17 »

Great looking grips Russ. I'm in.
Hudson29

Post by Hudson29 »

I'm interest too, please let us know the details as soon as you have them in hand.
Vintage Paul, Fullerton, CA

A man with a watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure . . .
BeoBill

Post by BeoBill »

I may be accused of wanting to have my cake and eat it too, but... Have you considered adding cushioning to the rear of your grip to absorb some of the shock? I would think that would combine the best of both worlds. Just a thought.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Russ
nice pix, and great looking grips
NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage