Don't change the springs.

Info, pictures, advice...
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Don't change the springs.

Post by Ketchman »

Weasel I think he was an anti gun troll. But I could be wrong too, maybe just a know it all.
Drunk weather!!!! That is hilarious!!!!! Never heard it put that way but it is drunk here regularly too. Monday we had the same wind / blizzard storm that has put so many in Michigan wothout power( it gets to us first then heads east. My parents still live in Michigan and they love knowing 2-3 days out what kind of weather they are gonna get). Notice we did not get a lick of national notice for that? I was out working in that crap and have the pics to prove it. And 2 days later it was sunny and 48F. Yesterday it rained and this morning very heavy fog with a little snow. Yeah, the weather is drunk. LMAO!!
It will be interesting to see if that OP ever posts again here.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Perry

Post by Perry »

The story I heard is that in the 1950's there was talk of adding another category to the Olympic games weight lifting competitions. It had something to do with lifting only with the index finger. The Polish government decided to give their young folks an edge by placing a strong mainspring in their service pistol. Of course, nothing ever came of the index finger weight lifting competition but the strong springs were never changed. Some will doubt this story and I don't blame them.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Drive by posting, OP hasn't been back since.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Kind of a shame. He was fun.
Perry

Post by Perry »

Nobody bought the Olympic games story??? I thought I could hook at least one, I must be slipping.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Perry wrote:Nobody bought the Olympic games story??? I thought I could hook at least one, I must be slipping.
I think more people know how to use google now. That's all.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
bb64

Post by bb64 »

Weasel640 wrote:Thanks for the input. But I totally disagree with all of what you are saying.

1) When the P-64 was designed, drop safeties were not common so the strong Spring Design had nothing to do with being "Drop Safe".

2) You totally overlooked the historical reason the Spring was designed so stiff. The primary reason was so that it could fire the ammunition made with stiff primer for the PM-63 and other Submachine Guns. This ammunition is now obsolete.

3) Your logic goes against the popular opinion of shooters with decades of experience with the P-64.

Pull the hammer back with a round chambered, safety off, finger off the trigger, which is easier to do with your light spring, and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bb64

Post by bb64 »

Ketchman wrote:ummmmm, one other problem with your logic. The safety, as designed from the beginning, IS a hammer drop safety.
:oops:

Drop the gun, safety off, round chambered see what happens. If it lands on the hammer good luck.

Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Ok, it may fire if dropped on the hammer, but that is not because it "does not have a hammer drop safety". With the hammer back put the gun on safe. It will automatically drop the hammer to the at rest position and place a steel block in front of the hammer preventing contact with the firing pin. What you are warning of sir is that this pistol does not have a drop safe firing pin, which it does not and was not designed to be.
If you mean to join a group of gun guys and immediatly tell them the what, whys and wherefore's of their interests then I strongly suggest that you learn about that interest and it's technology and it's basic functions before opening your mouth sir and make yourself look as silly as you currently do.
I wonder if you have even held one of these let alone own one.
Last edited by Ketchman on March 14th, 2017, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Can't believe he came back to start round 2. :shock:
bb64

Post by bb64 »

Ketchman wrote:Weasel I think he was an anti gun troll. But I could be wrong too, maybe just a know it all.
Drunk weather!!!! That is hilarious!!!!! Never heard it put that way but it is drunk here regularly too. Monday we had the same wind / blizzard storm that has put so many in Michigan wothout power( it gets to us first then heads east. My parents still live in Michigan and they love knowing 2-3 days out what kind of weather they are gonna get). Notice we did not get a lick of national notice for that? I was out working in that crap and have the pics to prove it. And 2 days later it was sunny and 48F. Yesterday it rained and this morning very heavy fog with a little snow. Yeah, the weather is drunk. LMAO!!
It will be interesting to see if that OP ever posts again here.

I'm back. To liven up your parent's basement. Meet me in your yard big mouth.

Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I was right, troll. And not a very good one at that. :roll:
OG17

Post by OG17 »

To the OP - I have 11 guns with a decocker/safety on them - CZ PCR, FNX 45, Bersa 383DA, 383A, 83, Sig P230SL, Bulgarian Makarov, FEG PA-63, Random P-64 & P-83 and I always have them safely decocked. The only time I don't is when I'm at the range and I am shooting in SA mode from the start and always with 2 hands on the gun. When I carry them, I rack the outside the house in the yard (away from people) pointing down and then immediately decocking them. Any gun can go off if dropped if the safety mechanism is not engaged. It's tatamout of carrying any of them cocked and unlocked. Not very smart.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

+1 what OG17 said.
rvenneman

Post by rvenneman »

OG17 wrote:80's and sunny
95 here in Yuma :D