Thinking About a P64

Info, pictures, advice...
OG17

Re: Thinking About a P64

Post by OG17 »

Ketchman wrote:I know I will be looking to aquire something at my next gun show here in a couple weeks too. Just don't tell my wife pleeeeeeeze.
Ok I promise. :evilgrin: :mrgreen: Image Psssst Mrs Ketch Image

Going to order the grips as soon as I get the gun since he needs the year it was made. They look cool.

Got my new P83 today. The decocker works like it's supposed to. :D Left the other one at the gunsmith's so he can install new slide/sear parts to see if it will finally work.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

If you do NOT like the grips, especially after shooting it with the stock grips and then with the Polish Iron grips then I will believe something is seriously wrong with you. :lol: At least something more than what may already be wrong with you given you seem to have a similiar affliction as I. :wink:
Let us know what you think of them both before and after range time. And pictures man. We need pictures. Both the P-83's and the P-64.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

+1 on the Polish Iron grips.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
OG17

Post by OG17 »

Thanks Curly. Do these grip in any way affect drawing the gun from the holster? Reason I ask is that I had to remove the Hogue grips I had on the Sig P230SL because I couldn't get my fingers between the grip and the top of the holster to pull the gun out.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

OG it will depend on your holster. I have no problems with my Outbags IWB or my Uncle Mikes #1 IMB rigs using the Polish Iron grips. Easy access to a full grip while holstered, see the link I posted a couple of days ago it shows my P64 with the Polish Iron grips in the Outbags holster.
OG17

Post by OG17 »

Yeah Ketch, I saw that and was impressed with the grips. Was about to order it when I noticed he needs the year it was made. I have a holster like your OB that fits the P83. The one you have for the P64 is for the PPK?
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

No it was listed as fitting the P-64. I had entered "P-64 holster" on Amazon and the Outbags IWB came up and it states that it fits the P-64. Course it prbly alos fits the PPK but that is how I found it. Love it too. Bit stiff at first but it softens out nice.
OG17

Post by OG17 »

Ok. It's the LOB03S and it also fits the PPK/S.

BTW - I just posted the pics of the P83s on the 9x18 board.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6590
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

That 1987 is very nice and with 4 mags too! Cool. And where the hell did you come up with Federal Hi Shok 90 grain JHP ammo :shock: ?? I did not even know Federal EVER made 9x18 ammo. And by the way, the last 2 pics did not post. :cry:
OG17

Post by OG17 »

Ketch, the 2 pics with the ammo is the new one - the 1989. The one with the holster is the 1987. The 1987 came with 2 mags and then I bought 2 more. The 1989 came only with one. So now I have 5 mags. :mrgreen:

I got the ammo from my LGS/FFL. He had them somewhere and sold them to me for $0.00. :evilgrin:
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I know and thats the ones I was hoping to see as they did not post on your update thread. I read your post and thats how I knew of the ammo. Did ya have any trouble affording that pricey ammo???
OG17

Post by OG17 »

Strange you can't see the pics. I can, either by going to the 9x18 board or thru the link I posted. Sent you a PM.