J&G sales and Classic firearms feedback

Info, pictures, advice...
Granpooba

Re: J&G sales and Classic firearms feedback

Post by Granpooba »

Ketchman wrote: December 2nd, 2018, 5:04 pm These are used firearms, used and stored by military and police forces. Given that 1/2 +/-of the personell in both services probably did not care what their weapons looked like as long as they functioned when needed, one should be thankfull if the condition is "good", or "fair" at a minimum and it functions properly and be very very thankful and lucky if the condition is better than that. If these were new out of the factory I would understand complaints of finish missing, nicks.and dings, etc. Personally I find all of those things a story wishing to be told and a surplus firearm that is not a bit worse for wear is a REMF and not that interesting to me, especially if it is possible it saw combat. If one was to receive, as some here have, a sidearm that has excessive rust or broken pieces to the point of dangerous or flat out non functioning then I would agree that one has a complaint with the seller, but c'mon, they are advertised as surplus and fair to good to very good. And below the cost of almost any new sidearm. And for the most part they work every time. If you want new, perfect unfired then go buy new perfect unfired. If you buy surplus, expect used and complain only if you receive something that is dangerous or non functioning.
I will now get down off my soapbox and wander back to my corner, thank you for your tolerance of an increasingly crusty old guy.
" Thus you are telling us that if we want perfect. unfired .then go buy new perfect unfired. "

OK :!: That is exactly what I did. :lol: Even before you mentioned it.

I figure that my recently purchased P64 from CLASSIC should be arriving about the middle of this coming week.
At the same time my " NEW " Ruger 10th Anniversary Edition LCP " should be also arriving. Its new and as you say, it should be perfect and unfired.

Around the same arrival time of the P64 and Ruger LCP, I should also be receiving my " NEW " Traditions St. Louis HAWKENS .50 caliber percussion muzzle loading rifle KIT. That is so new, that it has not even been assembled yet. :roll:

Naw, I do not want to be tolerant. I want to be even more crusty than the old guy that originally made the suggestion. Of which I think I am. :D