J&G sales and Classic firearms feedback

Info, pictures, advice...
dashman77

J&G sales and Classic firearms feedback

Post by dashman77 »

I have read a few threads talking about these sites and what good condition means to them. I am about to order a used surplus firearm from each site and wanted to hear about other people's experiences with them. I've never ordered from them and don't know what to expect. As you know one persons "good" condition can be someone else's "what did you do to this gun" condition. Thanks everyone for your responses!
Let the donkies bray, help you find the a$$ in the group.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: J&G sales and Classic firearms feedback

Post by Curly1 »

Classic from what has been reported over on gunboards.com is hit and miss with their descriptions and a lot of peeps won't order from then anymore.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
dashman77

Post by dashman77 »

Thanks curly1. Classic has some P64 for 199, so I bought some. I'm a FFL dealer and see on G.B. They sell for about 245, then shipping and transfer fees comes to about 300 bucks. Figured I could list them for around 250. However, if condition is crude and not good like they say I might have made a mistake. Thanks again for the heads up.
Let the donkies bray, help you find the a$$ in the group.
Joefalcone

Post by Joefalcone »

The P64 I received from Classic was a little more worn with respect to the blueing than I thought it should have been. Works fine, however.
patJ

Post by patJ »

J&G, Classic and Southern Ohio guns are all pretty good considering the pistols you buy are probably 50+ years in age and made in Soviet Bloc countries where being a member of the "party" was more important than being a good machinist. Happy Shooting!
jerryw50@hotmail.com

Post by jerryw50@hotmail.com »

Just to chime in...I recently purchased my P64 from Classic for 249.00. I do have my C&R, so I received the handgun in a week. The thing that really impressed me with Classic is that this is the second pistol that I've purchased and received with zero problems. I did not choose the 'hand select' for the additional $20. That was because the condition advertised was 'VG'. When I received my P-64, it was amazed that the item was obviously never issued and in near mint matching numbers condition. So, for Classic, they are 2 for 2 for me, and I plan to continue to want to do business with them.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Jerry, sounds like you got a good deal.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
rvenneman

Post by rvenneman »

I purchased a P-83 from J&G and it surpassed the condition they described. My only issue is that we are both in Arizona so I had to pay the sales tax. Is there a senior citizen discount on sales tax?
BeoBill

Post by BeoBill »

I bought my P-64 from Classic last year with no problem - it was in better condition than advertised. I decided to buy a "Gunsmith Special" T-33 from them last month. Again, it was in better condition than they advertised. They shipped it without a magazine, although nothing was said on the site about it lacking one. When I asked, they shipped a mag out the next day. I'm very satisfied. These were both done on my C&R, BTW.

I've also ordered from SOG and J&G with no problem. They all are reputable sources for me.
OG17

Post by OG17 »

I've also ordered from J&G and SOG with great results. I used the "hand select" and have been very pleased with the conditions of the items.
GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick »

Got my P-64 from Classic, paid for "hand select" and got a pistol that looked like it was brand new! It was my first C&R purchase, so I am very pleased with them.
Rakin

Post by Rakin »

Received P64 end of July that as far as I can tell is new. Non wear on exterior or slide rails. Hand grips showed a little wear but I suspect they might alway look a little rough

Rakin
Cobalt-60

Post by Cobalt-60 »

With my C&R, I recently got a "Very Good" condition CZ-82 from Classic Firearms. I was prepared (based on what I had read online) for their NRA "grading" of their products to be higher than what I was used to from AIM or SOG (whom I have had VERY good experiences with!) The weapon would definitely have only qualify as "Good" from the other surplus sellers I have dealt with, but I am not disappointed because: A) I know this is a complaint that has been commonly raised about CF; and B) it WAS a CZ-82 we are talking about (1. they are getting hard to find; 2. they have a crappy paint-job anyway; and 3) they are build like a tank and who cares what it looks like!!!)
jb1911

Post by jb1911 »

In the last few months I've bought a P64, a CZ82 and a Bulgarian Makarov from Classic. I paid extra for hand picked each time. I am more than happy with all 3 of them. They shipped fast and were in beautiful condition. I've also bought in the past from J&G. I would recommend them to anyone, they are top notch.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
jb1911

Post by jb1911 »

Here's the 3 I recently got from Classic.

1994 CZ82

1969 P64 with his Polish brother born one year earlier.

Another of the P64

1982 Bulgarian Makarov
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.