Re: J&G sales and Classic firearms feedback

Post by Curly1 »

those a three really nice examples.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Granpooba

Post by Granpooba »

I purchased a P64 from Classic, which was HAND PICKED and stated to be in EXCELLENT condition.
When it arrived and looked over by my FFL dealer and gunsmith, it was stated that is was in GOOD condition at about 85% quality.

I contacted Classic and stated that the person who picked this firearm either did not have their glasses on or used the brail method. Classic refunded to me the $20.00 extra dollars that I paid for " PICK OF THE BEST ".

Not being satisfied with the P64 from Classic, I proceeded to look for another, from an online dealer. I came across " DK Firearms ". Through much email messaging with them about what I wanted quality wise, I decided to purchase a P64 from them.

When the P64 arrived from DK FIREARMS, I could not believe my eyes. :shock: It basically looks like it just came out of the factory. I am sure that it has never been fired. Only mark is on the frame and that could have been caused by physically cycling the slide. I would give it a quality rating of 98 to 99%. Only reason I do not give it 100% is because I have not yet fired it. Truthfully speaking, I am not even sure that I do want to fire it as it is so pristine, I do not want another mark on it.

Can not speak highly enough of DK Firearms as they truly delivered what they said they would. :D
Granpooba

Post by Granpooba »

jb1911 wrote: August 18th, 2017, 10:58 pm Here's the 3 I recently got from Classic.

1994 CZ82

1969 P64 with his Polish brother born one year earlier.

Another of the P64

1982 Bulgarian Makarov
You must have gotten " LUCKY " :!: Better luck thank a lot of folks, including myself. :roll:

As I make this posting, I have a company checking their complete shipment / supply for an unissued / unfired P64. With no signs of any wear. I can only hope that they get lucky. :lol:
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

those are all excellent examples!
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
mikeg7

Post by mikeg7 »

I've got several guns from Classic Firearms, and all have been fine until my last P-64.

The batch was advertised as being Very Good to Excellent and I paid for a hand select too.

When I got the pistol the slide was so caked in rust that a round would not chamber due to the extractor being encrusted with rust.

I contacted Classic and thought they might send me a replacement, but they only offered to refund the $20.00 hand select fee.

I was able to completely strip the slide and clean all the rust out, leaving some parts a bit pitted but the pistol now seems serviceable.
Attachments
P-64_1.jpg
P-64_4.jpg
P-64_4.jpg (41.01 KiB) Viewed 11590 times
P-64_3.jpg
P-64_2.jpg
P-64_2.jpg (32.68 KiB) Viewed 11590 times
Cobalt-60

Post by Cobalt-60 »

Every example I have ever seen (either purchased by myself or by others that I know) from Classic has always been rated one to two NRA grades better than I would rate it. This is the exact opposite situation from my experience with AIM where I have received examples which we're actually in better condition than I had expected. I have no direct experience with J&G.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Have you sent those pictures to Classic?? While the condition is not acceptable I can see how it made it past the person who was not terribly interested in doing a full and complete inspection before shipping the weapon. Without field stripping the gun it would appear that from the non ejection port side you may not see much if any rust. At any rate, Classic should make good on this. My last purchase from them, an AP 7.65, was not the best, it took almost 2 weeks from the money transfer date and 3 unresponded to emails and over a dozen calls that were NEVER answered by a human from me to get the dang gun shipped!! It was in great shape when I got it and matched the description but 12 days to ship??
Time to be a big burr under their saddle.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

That has got to be the worst one anyone has every shown Classic should make it good or they should be dead to you.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Granpooba

Post by Granpooba »

Hi,

Instead of typing out a whole new reply. The following is what I have previously posted:

Previous post :arrow: I have already purchased two from surplus vendors. Both were advertised to be in " Excellent " condition. The first one from CLASSIC FIREARMS, turned out to be about 85% quality. I contacted them and they returned my funds for " Pick of the Best ".

The second one I purchased from DK FIREARMS. Had it apart recently and I can not find any evidence of it ever being fired. Their is a mark from the slide being cycled on the frame, but that could have been caused by cycling it by hand. Absolutely no marks on or in magazine. Appears to have never held any ammo. Barrel looks like nothing fired thru it. And no marks on outside of barrel. Finally, feed ramp shows no marks what so ever. As if no ammo had ever been cycled. I would give the quality of this firearm about a 98 or 99% rating. Would give it a higher mark, but have not fired it yet.

I can not speak high enough about DK FIREARMS, as they really communicated well with me and did supply what I was asking for.

P.S. As I stated, DL Firearms did great for me. As other folks have stated, Classic Firearms I personally believe is a hit and miss and I would not purchase from them again. As for J&G, I have do not have a clue as I have never purchased a firearm from them.

Good luck with your search and kindly let us all know, how your purchase turns out and the condition of the firearm.
Granpooba

Post by Granpooba »

mikeg7 wrote: February 23rd, 2018, 4:45 pm I've got several guns from Classic Firearms, and all have been fine until my last P-64.

The batch was advertised as being Very Good to Excellent and I paid for a hand select too.

When I got the pistol the slide was so caked in rust that a round would not chamber due to the extractor being encrusted with rust.

I contacted Classic and thought they might send me a replacement, but they only offered to refund the $20.00 hand select fee.

I was able to completely strip the slide and clean all the rust out, leaving some parts a bit pitted but the pistol now seems serviceable.
Man, that looks like crap :!: Glad that I did not get that one. :)
Wonabe

Post by Wonabe »

Classic's rep is absolute GARBAGE in every forum. And I mean ALL of them. Check out what people have to say about them in the AK and Mosin forums. They don't just ship crappy guns, they've been caught doing everything from deleting negative reviews to out right lying about guns origin like the most recent scandal selling fake Radom AK's, fake Russian capture K98's etc. Not just mistakes but outright deception. Unfortunately they're the big dog on the block and buy up the majority of surplus these days
GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick »

Well, after purchasing two P-64s from Classic more than a year apart and receiving two pistols in excellent condition within a week of placing my orders, I have been very happy with them. I paid for "hand select" on the first and did not on the second. Both pistols appeared to have been refurbished with mostly new parts including the barrels. The serial numbers were only separated by 416 and both guns look new on the outside.

Both had rather large import markings, but these are not going to be of any historical significance anyway. Buy 'em, shoot 'em, and have fun!
Mustang69

Post by Mustang69 »

Classic has been good to me I have gotten 10 pistols from them an all have been very nice they are surplus not new
Granpooba

Post by Granpooba »

Following is a posting from another Forum Related subject:

Purchased first P64 from Classic and was not very happy with it, even after paying extra for Pick of the Best. Voiced my disapproval to them and they did return the monies for pick of the best.

Purchased second P64 from DK Firearms and was extremely happy with the firearm that I received from them. Actually it looked new and it does not show any signs of ever being loaded or fired. It still looks that way, as I will not fire it and change its rating.

With that said, I have been reading how folks are receiving good quality P64's from Classic. Thus, the Ole Soft Heart showed itself and I ordered another P64, from Classic. BUT !! Placed order only after exchange of 3 or 4 emails and a telephone conversation stating the quality that I was requesting and did want nothing less. Could they supply ?

WELL ! Order is placed and will most likely receive the P64 next week. Sales rep stated to me that I will be EXTREMELY happy with the P64 that they are selling me. NOW !! Looking forward to receiving it and wondering will I have a quality piece or a parts gun ? LOL

Will keep you advised on what I do receive.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

These are used firearms, used and stored by military and police forces. Given that 1/2 +/-of the personell in both services probably did not care what their weapons looked like as long as they functioned when needed, one should be thankfull if the condition is "good", or "fair" at a minimum and it functions properly and be very very thankful and lucky if the condition is better than that. If these were new out of the factory I would understand complaints of finish missing, nicks.and dings, etc. Personally I find all of those things a story wishing to be told and a surplus firearm that is not a bit worse for wear is a REMF and not that interesting to me, especially if it is possible it saw combat. If one was to receive, as some here have, a sidearm that has excessive rust or broken pieces to the point of dangerous or flat out non functioning then I would agree that one has a complaint with the seller, but c'mon, they are advertised as surplus and fair to good to very good. And below the cost of almost any new sidearm. And for the most part they work every time. If you want new, perfect unfired then go buy new perfect unfired. If you buy surplus, expect used and complain only if you receive something that is dangerous or non functioning.
I will now get down off my soapbox and wander back to my corner, thank you for your tolerance of an increasingly crusty old guy.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.