Spring Upgrade First Range Day

Info, pictures, advice...
mb3

Spring Upgrade First Range Day

Post by mb3 »

So I got my P64 from SOG last week and got a complete set of Wolf Springs. Put in the 18 lb hammer and 20 lb recoil springs. Shot 36 rounds of swiss fmj, 12 rounds of Hornady CD, and 12 rounds of reloads (94 fmj, 3.4 titegroup). Some where during the test I put in the 22lb recoil spring. Everything went well. I really enjoyed shooting this pistol. The brass is a little hard to find though.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Spring Upgrade First Range Day

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Perry

Post by Perry »

Did you observe any noticeable difference in recoil between the 20 lb. and the 22 lb. recoil spring? Thanks.
mb3

Post by mb3 »

No. I left the 22 lb spring on because I felt it might protect the pistol a little better than the 20lb.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I did not notice a difference with other recoil springs either
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
mb3

Post by mb3 »

Ok, second range day for my P64 and I have to say this is a great pistol. Shot Brown Bear, and some XTP reloads. I used some of the original mags I got with the pistol and the two I bought from Keep Shooting. Had a fun time without any problems. My reloads were a litte hot, 3.6 gr of Titegroup, 95 gr XTP. They functioned well but the frame rubbed on my right thumb knuckle. They crono'ed with a high of 1020 fps aversge of 980 fps. I contacted Russ and have a grip on the way. I may bump the load up to 3.7 gr. I am looking for a good defensive round, around 1100 fps. My only complaint is it is hard to find the brass. This thing kicks the brass 4 o'clock at 7 yards. I will shoot Brown Bear for general range use.