CZ Model 52 at Auction Arms

Info, pictures, advice...
rlj102468
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by rlj102468 »

I don't know about three guys "holed up" in a house in Lakeland.
Don't know if the government wants that many guns in one place either!
C-Ya, Bobby J.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

You, guys are welcome any time I've got extra room but you will have to put up with my dogs they like attention, don't they Bobby J.

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
truth

Post by truth »

What are the grips made from?? Looks like they were burnt and varnished. Nice lookin heater.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

truth

They are curly maple they were stain with Chromium Trioxide witch just stains the curl in maple
I got it from Dixie gun works I use it on most of my gun stocks to high light certain grains in the wood

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
rlj102468
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by rlj102468 »

Just don't stop petting or they yell at you ;) !

Bobby J.
tmann11

Post by tmann11 »

Gunny,

Check out this link for some cheap JHP in 7.62x25 load.

For what it's worth I'm going to post this on the forum.

Hope it helps.

http://www.ammoman.com/index.htm

Thomas
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Range report................
Went to the range yesterday with the CZ 52 and a hundred round box of 1983 mfg. 7.62x25 Bulgarian ammo that I picked up at the Rose City gun show. Several things were immediately apparent. #1, the pistol needs a new mag. release rotation pin and a new trigger pivot rotation pin, both want to jump out of the pistol when it is fired. Accuracy is not the best that I have seen, groups averaged about six inches at fifty-five feet with numerous fliers, the fliers I attribute to my lack of experience with the pistol. Gun appearers to be new, everything is very crisp as far as the metal is concerned. Except for the pins I am very happy, found one of each at Numerich Gun parts and they are on the way. Pistol really does look new and unfired so I'm a little confused by the ware on the pins, there is even some indication that the mag release pivot pin has been tapped on with something other than a none marring instrument. No edge ware or storage marks are evident and there is no indication of re-bluing. Any one got any ideas, if this is a armory refurbish, it's a very good one................... G.R.

P.S.
Two things that I did not expect were a chrome lined barrel and a decocker on the pistol. Was the soviet block that far ahead of us in handguns at that time?...................... G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on June 12th, 2007, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

The only problem I ever had is the mag fell apart while it was cycling...that is the bottom plate came off released the spring and the 3 or 4 rounds left in.couldnt believe I found all the parts put it back together and has been fine ever sinse. I think they just didnt haVE the bottom plate all the way on.. all the other 4 mags were secure. accuracy for me is fine.. I fire from 5 yds to fifty feet and dont really try and tight group I just use the old ppc method and want them all in the coke bottle.. it has done it everytime..Hopefully when you get use to the sights or handling the tight groups will be there for u...
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

P.S.
Two things that I did not expect were a chrome lined barrel and a decocker on the pistol. Was the soviet block that far ahead of at that time?...................... G.R.
To my knowledge the Czechs liked to be unique in their guns and such (kinda the opposite of communisum but hey) just look at the vz58!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

gunney

before I bought mine I went to http://p201.ezboard.com/fczechpistols82792frm59?page=1 and read every thread on this this gun as on most boards their search is not so good , there is one pin on the gun that will rattle out and needs to be re staked , and I think you can get a replacement http://www.makarov.com/cz52/index.html

the fist time I took mine to the range my mag lost its floor plate to I just put it back together didn't have any more problems with it

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on June 13th, 2007, 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Talking about falling out, falling apart and or just plain loosing your floor plate, the first time I got my third set of teeth and I tried to whistle, my third set came flying out, I put put em back in and with some Polly Grip and they have worked fine every since. Now I don't need the Polly Grip, I've got em zeroed in. I have learned to whistle, eat corn on the cob and apples with just my new pearly whites, no additives...... ;D......that's what its all about, "Adapt and Adjust"

papabear

p.s. I took better care of my weapons than I did my teeth, remember the ole saying, "This is my weapon, this is my gun, this is for killing, this is for fun", that's where I'm coming from.
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Why in goodness' name would you need 3 sets of teeth and besides, when your third set came flying out at least you had the first two still in........................bah dum bum "cymbal crash!"

8~)
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

carguy,

Well lets see, first we have our baby teeth [1st set], then we have our adult teeth [2nd set] and in my case I had to have dentures/false teeth [3rd set] and that is why some of us have three sets of teeth. On the plus side of having your third set, when your teeth bother you or are hurting, just take em out and put em water and your good to go......... ;D

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

I thank goodness for the flouride etc in the water today. My children have wonderful teeth. At their ages (20 and 24) I already had a mouth full of silver fillings and have been replacing them over the years with more modern stuff and "crowns"!

At the rate I'm going I be on a 3rd and 4th set someday!

8~)
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

OK guys,
This thread is rapidly falling apart. How did we go from a conversation about the CZ 52 to papabears third set of dentures? By the way papabear, the next time you are in river city look me up and I'll fit those bad boys for you so tight that you'll have to wrestle them out. Numerich says it will take 7 to 10 days for the parts to get here, I don't think that I can wait that long.