Beretta CX4 Carbine "Bullpup"

Info, pictures, advice...
tmann11

Post by tmann11 »

Gentlemen,

This is probably a little off topic, but I really wanted to share my experience shooting this carbine.

I have found my next purchase and wanted to get some feedback. This carbine is simply amazing!!! I've never had sooooo much fun shooting ANY gun. A buddy of mine bought one a few weeks ago so I decided to test fire a 9mm, .40 and .45 version and made the decision that I'm going with a .40. I ended up shooting about 250 rounds myself, so if you get a chance you've got to try one.

I gotta tell you that this is fun, fun, fun and a very accurate carbine. It weights a mere 6 lbs and is extremely comfortable and ergonomic to shoot. The sights are incredible and I'm sure if you tested one or shot one you would definitely want one for yourself. It comes in a hard case with two mags, cleaning kit and side rails. I can't wait....this will be my next purchase.

Thomas

Image]
brigade

Post by brigade »

In the .40cal they have I think a 10rd, 11rd and 14rd. The price seems to jump with the higher capacity. Different states have different laws on capacity. Which do you plan on getting?
mecenas

Post by mecenas »

I know I will experience a wrath of angry e-mails but this Beretta post has no place in a P-64 forum, but if it is OK, let me tell you about the M3 Grease Gun I fired yesterday......or CZ 75 machine pistol I tried a couple of years ago in Tbilisi..........or.......
you get my drift.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

tmann11

that's alright

I'm not very interested in the Beretta CX4 Carbine ,
I am very interested in what other guys & gals shoot on this forum
we all have a common bond in the P-64
I think the off topic threads bring us closer together and keeps this forum active and keep us all coming back
I know I've had my share of off topic threads here some good some bad
if not interested in a thread don't reply to it
no flaming intended

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
brigade

Post by brigade »

Norm, all I have to say is... EXACTLY. Geez there is only so much to say about the P-64 specifically. We have to share other comments about related and not so related things sometimes. We can't be so uptight about bringing up other subjects besides the P-64. I own 4 right now and I think they are great however, I also don't mind hearing about other guns or experience with other firearms. tmann11, what price are you being quoted for that carbine. Is the plastic around the grip sturdy feeling?
-Troy
tmann11

Post by tmann11 »

Sorry guys, didn't mean to open a "can of worms". I've seen other posts about rifles and non P-64 issues like weather related and truly didn't think this would be an issue. I had the same approach that if this link isn't for you then just ignore.

Norm and Troy,

Thanks for the support and feedback.

Troy,

This carbine feels great and the plastic grip is extremely sturdy and durable. As I mentioned, I'm really impressed. I'm looking for a used one with upgrades. I've seen them new in case for under $600. I am interested with installed options of top, side and bottom rails with muzzle shroud, shoulder strap and possibly a scope or laser. I'm looking at one on gunbroker with all the options above for $625 + shipping + FFL charges.

Thanks again.

Thomas
barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

tmann,

thats a neat lookin carbine. have you considered a holo sight? Personally I think the looks of a holo sight would flow better with that carbine instead of a scope, but a laser would certainly be awesome as well.

BTW, I enjoy reading what others think (and about their experiences) about guns other than the P64, we have talked about Abwehr's 1919's and Papabear's WW2 and earlier revolvers and such. I think the Off Topic threads and posts add to the appeal of this forum.
tmann11

Post by tmann11 »

barnett3006,

I have considered a holo sight, but now I'm thinking about not putting neither the laser or holo. My thought process is that this is a carbine and it is very accurate to 50+ yards just with the sights, which by the way are easy and probably the best I've ever used provided stock issue from factory.

I might just hold off on everything except the sling, muzzle shroud and front grip which requires the picatinny rails.

Thanks again for the support. I'm sure that some people on this site just want P-64 information, but hey....sometimes you just need to relax and move on if the thread and discussions don't interest you. I'm with you, the off topic threads to add to the novelty.

Thomas
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

Tmann11,
This would be a very boring world if we only talked about one thing. I,m building a 91/30 sniper now & I'll post a pic as soon as I,m done.
BTW, ATI ( think thats right) puts out a stock that makes the Hi-point look like a storm, I put one on one and sold it for 225.00 the next week.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

I always like the information that can be gleamed from these other posts and if I remember there was a post asking how we felt about off topic.. The one thing I dont like is my budget keeps getting stretched by the inspiration of new guns or equipment.. ,but I guess I could stay off those threads...
amd6547

Post by amd6547 »

I have always been a fan of pistol caliber carbines for self defence. They give you great accuracy at 50yards, and even 100yards, plus a little more intimidation factor than a handgun, without going to full power long arm cartridges, which would be impratical in my suburban setting.
For about five years, my carbine was a HiPoint 9mm, which was acurate (bottlecap sized groups at 50yards), and never jammed in several thousand rounds. I used FMJ's, JHP's and +P JHP's in it. Alot of fun plinking at the range.
Currently, I have a Norinco UZI with a folding stock. I converted it with enough US parts to use the folder. There are alot of German surplus 32-rd mags right now, and it is a blast to shoot. The folder makes it very short to maneuver inside the house, and I get get results with it at 100 yards.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
brigade

Post by brigade »

I like carbines for fun and accuracy for a pistol round. I kinda went the cheaper route and got a high point as well 9mm. They function great but damn they could have stepped it up a bit in the plastic fabrication of the stock.
searcher36

Post by searcher36 »

I have a Hi Point too, accurate, cheap to shoot and GREAT customer service.

Rob
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

NEED TO SEE SOME PIX

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

Here is a pic of the Hi-Point stock. Drops right in. You can get side rails,ect. Cost runs about 60.00
Last edited by grayfox on May 20th, 2007, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.