Post by searcher36 »

Here's my Hi Point with the butt ugly original stock. Image

Rob
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Beretta CX4 Carbine "Bullpup"

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I think it was some time in 02 or after that GUN TEST Magazine did a review of a Hi-Point 45acp. and did not have much good to say about the item, the problem being feed issues. They have since done reviews on the three major calibers 9mm, 40SW and 45acp. with only excellent comments about the pistole's. They have lauded the carbine on more than one occasions saying that inexpensive does not mean cheep with the Hi-Point products. That pretty much says it all from their prospective. On a personal note, I have several acquaintances that rave about their Hi-Point handguns, not strong on looks but a pure joy to shoot and accurate.
G.R.

P.S.
Searcher, I think it's a good looking carbine.
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on May 20th, 2007, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tmann11

Post by tmann11 »

Thanks for the feedback. Being fairly new to this site, I was hoping to learn more about what other P-64 members were shooting.

Nice!!!!
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

had a 9mm carbine loved it sold it to a friend... also sold him the c9 pistole..
I agree they are in expensive but not cheap....loved em both but still like my milsurp more..
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

tmann11,

First of all, you didn't open up a can or worms, as most here have said, we have a common bond with the P-64 but we [most of us] like to hear about and see [pix's] of what others are interested in and learning about them too, Me, I'm just a old fart that collects WWI and WWII rifles and pistols, but I do have more modern weapons, ie., P64's, CZ52's, Makarov's, SKS's and I just picked up a CZ75 P01 9mm, so this old dog can learn new tricks. I have to admit though, that Beretta CX4 carbine raised my eyebrow's, neat looking carbine, and I bet its a lot less money than the carbines I collect. Like Norm, I don't care for the CX4 carbine, but I enjoy reading about it and learning more about what's out there, so for what it is worth, I appreciate you post on the Beretta CX4 carbine, Thanks.

CZ75 P01 Image

papabear
Last edited by papabear on May 21st, 2007, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
brigade

Post by brigade »

tmann11,

First of all, you didn't open up a can or worms, as most here have said, we have a common bond with the P-64 but we [most of us] like to hear about and see [pix's] of what others are interested in and learning about them too, Me, I'm just a old fart that collects WWI and WWII rifles and pistols, but I do have more modern weapons, ie., P64's, CZ52's, Makarov's, SKS's and I just picked up a CZ75 P01 9mm, so this old dog can learn new tricks. I have to admit though, that Beretta CX4 carbine raised my eyebrow's, neat looking carbine, and I bet its a lot less money than the carbines I collect. Like Norm, I don't care for the CX4 carbine, but I enjoy reading about it and learning more about what's out there, so for what it is worth, I appreciate you post on the Beretta CX4 carbine, Thanks.

CZ75 P01 Image

papabear

I was waiting till you got one before I do since you mentioned it before on my other post. Now I need a report on it.
tmann11

Post by tmann11 »

CZ makes some nice pistols...I'm already thinking about my next purchase, which will probably be a CZ 97B, which is the big brother to this in .45 caliber. First I've got to buy the carbine above.

Buying a gun is just like a tatoo, as soon as you get one you're already thinking of the next one your going to get. It never stops!!!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

TTH,

First chance I get to take her out I'll post a report, with Memorial Day coming up and I be leaving for a gun show in Fort Walton Beach, FL the following weekend it might be a little while, but I'll get "R" done. I did shoot a friends and it convinced me to get this one. It is so easy to break down and put back together, I timed myself the other night, disassembled and re-assembled, 22 sec. That was only the 4th time I had done it. Yelp, me and this CZ P01 are going to become close friends.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
tmann11

Post by tmann11 »

grayfox,

Nice!! Is the manufacturer Advanced Technology? That does look much better!!!