OT: "made" at work today

Info, pictures, advice...
saands

Post by saands »

I dont understand how any company can "reserve the right" to violate the 4th Amendment, or any of our rights for that matter.
Well ... I kinda see your point, but you are not obliged to work there. So, they get to set the rules and you can either accept the employment or not. If you were compelled by law to be somewhere, then it would be a different matter ...

Glad to hear that things are working out on the employment front.

Saands

ps ... if you are thinking smaller, take a peek at the KelTec offerings ... not the solid feel of a Seecamp or a P64, but SMALLLLLLL they are ... and dependable they can be.
barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

Saands,

thanks.

I was also looking at the keltecs. I've heard that the little 380's will fly apart, anyone have any experience with this? With the right ammo .32acp and .380acp's penetration would be about the same I geuss, either way I would alternate HP's and FMJ's in the magazines. Personally I would rather take the .380 over the .32 but not if the pistols "stay-togetherness" factor is gonna be a liability.

also I would get one of these
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=73066437

and a spare mag or two in the pocket.
pshootr

Post by pshootr »

Here is the Kel-Tec Owner's Group page on the P-3AT: http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=104
and the Kel-Tec Range page for the same:
http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=3
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by duggi60 »

I have the Kel Tec 380 & it shoots fine -- small to conceal too.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

quote from Barnett3006, because I somehow screwed up the auto quote thing.
"With the right ammo .32acp and .380acp's penetration would be about the same I geuss."

that's true the penetration is about the same, the only real reason they made the .380 keltec is because cops like keltecs but many agencies only let their officers carry pistols ranging from .380 and up
Last edited by trent on June 2nd, 2007, 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
saands

Post by saands »

Interspersing JHP and FMJ in the 32acp doesn't work too well ... you can start off with either in the tube and have a mag full of the others, but if you mix in the mag you end up with a high probability of rimlock due to the different lengths of the JHP and FMJ rounds. I just can't imagine a smaller semi-auto pistol than a keltec ... anyone ever seen one?

Saands

ps ... small and light they are but accuracy is NOT what we have come to expect on this forum, though
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

yea if you are looking at size go with the keltec, I personally dont carry one but know LOTS of people who do. I was talking to a guy I know and it looked like he had a pocket knife attached via the clip to his back pocket, come to find out that it was actually a .32 keltec with one of those pocket clips (those little guns are flat!)
nicksterdemus

Post by nicksterdemus »

I hate 2 hear of ya plight but ya have 2 look @ it from the company point o' view. LIABILITY Doesn't matter how responsible or level headed ya might be coz all they see are headlines n lawsuits. Don't make it right just the way it is these days. It's the price ya pay 2 protect yaself in a free society. Thing of it is ya didn't have 2 be made. Any1 that knew or thought ya carried could have reported that they "thought" they saw a gun. Makes ya an easy mark if some1 has an ax 2 grind. Sadly anything small n well made is also fairly expensive. I'd rather carry a 2 shot derringer than some of the 25's or 32's. Ya might consider an ankle holster 4 better concealement n don't discuss carry permit or anything firearm related @ work. You're young it'll all come out in the wash. Sux 4 now but you'll recover w/just another life experience under ya belt 4 future reference.......................
truth

Post by truth »

+1 with nickusteradameus The Truth is clear...
truth

Post by truth »

Oh Yeah... +1 with Baby Jesus too.......
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Please do lots and lots of home work before you invest in a P3AT.
Take the time to read all of the information, good and negative, regarding the pistol at the Kel-Tec Owners Group, KTOG, web site. Not every one has good luck with these pistole's, problems range from peening or a flaking away of the guide rod/ recoil spring retention hole, to extractor and ejector issues. Extractors and ejectors failing were fairly routine for a while. Recoil springs shooting out of the front end of the pistol were common when the pistole's were first issued. There has been an effective fix for the recoil spring in the form of nylon washer inserts that helped. There have been several design changes for the ejector and extractor but I'm afraid there are still reports coming in that are not positive. I own two Kel-Tec pistols and believe in them 100%, the P-11 with the 40S&W conversion and the P-32 which I use my daily carry pistol during the Spring, Summer and Fall. If you were my mother or father I would advise you to choose the P-32 over the P3AT at this time, my belief is that K.T. needs more time to work the bugs out of the P3AT. Enough said, do your home work and you will make the right decision.
Good Luck........ G.R.

P.S.
I am a member of the KTOG forum and I'm sure that there is more than one member at this forum also. I can feel the flames growing as I type this .
Good luck again........... G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on June 13th, 2007, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mirother

Post by mirother »

Gunnyrabbit
Can you tell me more about the P-11 conversion to 40 S&W? I have heard of a P-40 that has been talked about; yet nothing like it seems to be in production now. What gives? A small .40 should be a hot seller, if it is anywhere near as reliable as the 9mm now in production.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Mirother,
The P-40 Kel-Tec was in production for a short while and sold like hot cakes when they first came out. The design, materials and construction were excellent, the down fall for the pistol was the inability for "some folks" who purchased the pistol to shoot the thing properly. As you can imagine the pistols felt recoil is considered dynamic to many who bought them, there was also the problem of limp wristing the pistol when fired and the subsequent failure to feed as a consequence. Every one assumed that a good solid unyielding grip should be sufficient to stop the limp wristing when in fact they should have simply bent their elbow's and let their arms work as shock absorbers, a style that works properly every time. After production ceased Kel-Tec waited to see how many folks requested a P-40 conversion for the P-11, when the time was opportune they would produce a run of them. As it turns out the P-11 platform is so strong they have also created a 357SIG barrel that is very effective. Both the P-40, P-40 conversion and the 357SIG barrel were designed and produced for the P-11 frame, every thing is interchangeable.
All of these items can be found from time to time at the KTOG forum, auction sites like Auction Arms and gun broker have them periodically. I bought my P-40 conversion at the GUNS AMERICA sales site. It consists of all the parts for the slide assembly, simply remove the P-11 upper and install the P-40 upper.
A common report after some one installs a P-40 conversion is how much more accurate it is. The reports for the SIG barrels are the same, more accurate than the P-40. One of the forum moderator's felt the improved accuracy is explained by the increased speed that the slug leaves the barrel over the previous caliber. Sounds OK to me, all that I know is that the P-40 is much more accurate than the P-11. My P11 mag feeds the 40S&W round like a dream, just not so many bullets and there are several S&W hi-cap mags that also work just fine in the pistol.
Hope this helps......... G.R.

P.S.
I'm new to texting, what does OT mean?
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on June 13th, 2007, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mirother

Post by mirother »

Thanks
This was very helpful. I learned a lot.
pshootr

Post by pshootr »

Related Story:

Pizza Hut has fired a store manager in Orlando, Florida for defending his and his employees lives from armed robbers with a firearm. http://tinyurl.com/2b37l6

I sent the following to Pizza Hut:

I just wanted to inform you that I will not be patronizing any Pizza Hut in the future and will urge all of my friends not to do so either.
I have just learned that Pizza Hut has fired a store manager in Orlando, Florida for defending his life and that of his employees in the course of an armed robbery.
To put it more simply:
NO GUNS = NO PIZZA!

You can contact them from here:
http://www.pizzahut.com/ContactUs/OtherFeedback.aspx