Review (kinda) of KeepShooting P64 Mags

Info, pictures, advice...
MakAttack

Re: Review (kinda) of KeepShooting P64 Mags

Post by MakAttack »

gman68w wrote:
MakAttack wrote:My KeepShooting.com mag works great. Must be the luck of the draw.
That doesn't counter my point, in fact it reinforces it. QC means there shouldn't be -any- luck involved at all.
No counterpoint, just reporting my experience.

(and yes, you are correct. We seem to associate "quality" with "reliability" but actually in the industrial sense "quality" is more accurately associated with "repeatably".)
gman68w

Post by gman68w »

I finally got a chance to try the damn thing now that the broken pins have been replaced (unrelated issue). To KS's credit, the materials they use are quality metals. The action of the slide during recoil did my grinding and resizing of the lips for me, and the rest of the mag hasn't distorted or bent out of place. The follower hasn't sprung free of the body, neither has the heel.

I still maintain my previous stance that their QC on the assembly line needs a serious rethink. I got lucky this time.
Jesus sez 'Pack Heat' Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now,
he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that
hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
BeoBill

Post by BeoBill »

Not only did the lips on mine spread, but there are now three dents at the rear of the mag corresponding to the position of loaded rounds and the bottom plate is loose. This is after firing two 5-round loads of Red Army Standard. With a 20# Wolff spring installed in the P64.

Total junk from start to finish. It appears to me that they used mild steel for ease of manufacturing, and don't even care any more.