Better Marksmen with the P64

Info, pictures, advice...
drummer

Better Marksmen with the P64

Post by drummer »

I am an O.K. marksmen, but nothing to brag about I'd probably fall right in the middle of "average shooter" but after a few trips to the range and a couple of hundred rounds through my P64 I am convinced that this little firecracker is the most accurate handgun around. At my first trip to the range I was surprise at how tight my groupings were but with it being my first go around with it I thought it may be just new owners luck but on the second trip I had silver dollar groupings at 7-10 yards. Anyone else find that they are a better marksmen with a P64 then with another firearms?
snailman153624

Re: Better Marksmen with the P64

Post by snailman153624 »

Getting all 6 rounds within the "10" ring at 50 yards is a cakewalk. It's accurate largely because the barrel is fixed to the frame, unlike most other semi-autos (it's a blow-back, as opposed to the Browning-style locking cam action used on most semi-autos). That makes the repeatability of shots much better, since the barrel can't drift around.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Very accurate with practice
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
edmundjc

Post by edmundjc »

Yes, I'm more accurate with this pistol than any other I own (or have tried, for that matter). For instinctive shooting it's perfectly on-par with my other CCW (CZ-2075 BD). It's a good instinct gun. But if I want to walk the field and plink gophers, the P64 is my best choice (besides the rifle, of course). Where the sights are is where the bullet goes. I love it.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I agree

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Another reason it is so accurate is the tiny size of the sights. Aim small, miss small.

But some with poorer eye sight can't say the same thing. The tiny sights are a hindrance.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I agree with aim small shoot small. I like small sights

Bergerboy

Post by Bergerboy »

Also Agree!
To enhance the sighting, I took a dab of fluorescent yellow paint to the front sight blade.
Makes the front sight really pop when you get it between the rear sight ears.
Just spray a little puddle onto some paper and dip a Q-Tip or tooth pick into it and dab it onto the rear of the front sight.
Let it dry, and the repeat for another coat if necessary. (try not to get too much build-up on the top of the blade)
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I use a Sharpie white paint pen