Problems Possibly from Springs?

Info, pictures, advice...
jed

Re: Problems Possibly from Springs?

Post by jed »

These pistols seem to be spring combination and/or ammo sensitve. But when everything's working right they are a blast to shoot. I guess trying to figure out what makes one run right is part of the fun.
TylerSAlbright

Post by TylerSAlbright »

Red Army Standard Elite performs flawlessly. The Tula ammo in 9x18 will not chamber and will not eject. Tula bullets have a raised rim on the bullet which prevents it from chambering. Rim at base of casing is too thick. Ejector will not latch on and eject spent cartridges. Tula is great for AK and SKS. Not P64. I have 1977 P64. Like new/unissued barrel. The Wolff 22# recoil spring and 18# hammer spring. Very accurate but punishing to the web of your hand. Love it! Disappointed about the Tula ammo though...it is a lot cheaper.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I should not think spring weight is the problem as you are running the highest poundage recoil spring there is. That same spring is what drives the slide forward picking up the next round and seating it into battery. Possibly light polishing of the feed ramp? Where on the pistol is the round hanging up on?
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.