CZ-82 Parkerized and Duracoated almost done

Info, pictures, advice...
brigade

Post by brigade »

I recently added to my milsurp collection with the addition of my CZ-82. I shot it and it was about as accurate as the Makarov. My P-64 still rules accuracy though. I am going to aluminum blast relevent parts then parkerize then duracoat satin black finish. I hope to take a sorta rugged used looking CZ82 and make it like new again. The parts are unbelievable to this gun. I will keep you updated with photos and progress. I appreciate the ease of the Makarov and P-64 over the parts of this CZ-82.
-Troy
Last edited by brigade on May 8th, 2007, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brigade

Post by brigade »

brigade

Post by brigade »

brigade

Post by brigade »

brigade

Post by brigade »

Some of you asked for CZ-82 Duracoat pictures. Here are some photos of blasting, parkerizing and duracoating the CZ-82 and Mak. Some more P-64's will be done and some with camo grips. Final assembly will be in a few days.

brigade

Post by brigade »

Finished CZ82 slide and Makarov slides.

brigade

Post by brigade »

brigade

Post by brigade »

brigade

Post by brigade »

CZ-82 and Makarov frames finished...

9x18shooter

Post by 9x18shooter »

Those are really nice looking. You are getting good at this refinishing. Almost as good as holster making. ;D I guess I'm going to have start a duracoat fund for the 64,mak and cz. 8-)
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by devlinfaust »

TTH, it's beautiful. The bank budget is about broken at this point, but I'm beginning to feel the 'tug' of a CZ-82!
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by duggi60 »

TTH -- that is really fine looking work you have done on those
pistols.

:)
brigade

Post by brigade »

Originally Posted by Carguy
There is a member (TTH I think) that posted on the Makarov forum at Gunboards that he refinished his Bulgarian Malarov....Duracoat. He has Duracoated several Maks, P-64s was working on a Garrand (ruining it in my opinion) and says he finished his CZ-82 but hasn't posted picturers of it yet. There a pictures of the Mak and I think P64...they look fabulous!!

He followed instructions by disassembling, media-blasting the old finish off, parkerizing and then spraying with Duracoat. Lots of work, cost, skill to disassemble and re-assemble but it looks worth it. I'd love to have my CZ-82 duracoated...I love this pistol!

Good luck.
Carguy... I appreciate your nice comments about the Makarovs and P-64's. The CZ-82 is still apart and is duracoated semi-gloss black and is flawless. However, I have not been able to put it back together due to the fact that I am still awaiting 3 parts (2 springs & extractor). I will post it as soon as I get it together, I am anxious and love the pistol too. As far as the Garand. I redid one just parkerized and it is ok. The duracoated matte-black is unbelieveable looking and still an awesome military looking finish. It is far better for wear and scratching, I am using it in service rifle shootin matches.... Have a good one, sir.
-Troy
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

TTH,

WOW, this is one great looking job on the CZ-82. The work you have done exceeds any commercial finish. Congratulations on how it has turned out. When you get it reassembled, please post mor photos; it will be spectacular!
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Troy,

I am just speaking the truth, you do great work! I wish I had the funds to duracoat my CZ as well, I can't wait to see your's completed! As far as the Garrand goes, if it is shooter grade then do with it as you will but I love the original look that is why the comment. To each his own and I'm sure refinished it probably looks better than any ever did at the time of issue!!

Keep up the good work my friend and know that we all appreciate your generosity and the high quality work in both of your endeavors (leather and refinishing)...I can't wait to see what you delve into next!

Russ 8~)