Got Another One!

Info, pictures, advice...
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Got Another One!

Post by abwehr »

Well guys, I had a great timne at the gun show this weekend. I had several dispaly tables with my MG42 set-up. It was a big hit with most folks as they have read about this gun, but never seen one. I came in Second Place and won $75! Next time, I will know more on how it is judged and try for First Place and $100!!!! I will post a pic tonight ot tomorrow of my display.

Now, for the GOOD news! I got my triangular hammer P-64 at the show. Saturday, one of the dealers had a couple of P-64s on his table at a sale price of $188 +tax. Even though I wanted one, I did not want to pay that price, so Sunday morning before the show opened I talked to him about his best price and he sold it to me for $165 OTD. This was an acceptable price to me.

The P-64 is a 1974 date, triangular hammer, more stamps than my round hammer, the finish is not quite as good as the 1967, but both grips are the flat type. It is new and no indication of ever being fired, and only one magazines came with it, so I will be looking for another magazine. The single action pull is GREAT, but it almost takes two fingers for the double action! After several pulls, it is easing up a little, but I have not done any cleaning or greasing yet. I think the double actin will improve drastically after cleaning and lubing.
xelloss

Got Another One!

Post by xelloss »

Lucky bastid... ;) ;D ;D I'm still looking for an early ring-hammer model... Yeah, the DA on the later ones is harsh to say the least... I had a friend modify my CC P-64 for a better pull in both SA and DA... Glad you found a good one, my friend... Congrats!!!;D ;D ;D

-Mark
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Got Another One!

Post by abwehr »

xelloss,

THANKS! Yes, I think I got a nice one. The dealer said he had sold a number of these at the show this past weekend and they are a good value in addition te being a good pistol. This is the first time I have had a dealer say they are good! Honestly, I think they are "sleepers" in the pistol world today. They will never reach the notariaty of the Makarov, but every bit as good and more accurate.
mikethewreck

Got Another One!

Post by mikethewreck »

Hearing from our Polish friends that support units still carry the P-64 gives me hope more will come our way!
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Got Another One!

Post by abwehr »

I agree, I hope they come. I wonder if there are other variations than the two we know about now; the early and then the late models??

Hey guys, I am adding a photo of me taken before I left the house yesterday morning for the gun show in my uniform....

Last edited by abwehr on December 19th, 2005, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Got Another One!

Post by abwehr »

BTT
herrmannek

Got Another One!

Post by herrmannek »

Damn nazis :) > Btw you look like Drebin from naked gun :)
Last edited by herrmannek on December 19th, 2005, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Got Another One!

Post by abwehr »

herrmannek,

Hey, you are right, i do look a little like Drebin, LOL. I wish I made the kind on money he makes, LOL!!!!

You know, I thought I would get some "comments" from some folks for the uniform, but I was asked by the Greenville, SC Military Museum to put on my MG42 display for them one weekend.
herrmannek

Got Another One!

Post by herrmannek »

No problem... We have quite many reenactors here too, but everyone of them have a gun drilled like a riddle in every place possible :) ...
bartos061

Got Another One!

Post by bartos061 »

UNFORTUNATELY :'( >:(
xelloss

Got Another One!

Post by xelloss »

Nice representation of a Gefreiter, abwehr... I can't tell for sure, but is that a Bronze Panzer Assault Badge??? Gotta love the M43 cap, I've got one without insignia that I wear EVERYWHERE... Comfy and warm... ;D ;D ;D Very cool presentation... 8-) 8-) 8-)

-Mark
Last edited by xelloss on December 19th, 2005, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikethewreck

Got Another One!

Post by mikethewreck »

Nice uniform. Being half Polish (and half French), excuse me for not getting TOO excited. But I do respect the tremendous effort you have put into it (and still envy the MG42)!
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Got Another One!

Post by abwehr »

The Badge that does not show up very well is a Wound Badge Second Class.

Yes, the uniform can stir up controversy with some folks, but I consider this a part of History, not glorification of the regime. It is part of the impression of the MG42 Machingunner.

The Greenville, SC Military Museum actually asked me to do the impression for them one weekend. I asked the Director if this would cause problems with the WWII Veterans that come there often and he said, NO, they would appreciate seeing this gun again. I told him I would be glad to help out.

Here is a photo of my display:

Last edited by abwehr on December 20th, 2005, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikethewreck

Got Another One!

Post by mikethewreck »

Hey, somebody has to portray the "other" guys! The reason they weren't liked is that they were feared. 1200 rpm out of a MG42 coming at me would have me questioning my manhood!
xelloss

Got Another One!

Post by xelloss »

The Badge that does not show up very well is a Wound Badge Second Class.
Sorry, couldn't see it real clearly by the photo... That's gotta be the most complete set of gear for the MG42 that I've ever seen, abwehr... Very cool... I bet that MG42 burns up the dollars ammo-wise... ;) ;) ;)

As for the whole reenactment thing, I'm a firm believer that history is cyclical and if we don't remember and learn from our mistakes, it'll come back and bite us in the butt... Reenactments help us to remember, IMHO, and give us a view from both sides... Nothing burns my butt more than the people who want to forget or ignore the bad parts of history, or act like it didn't happen... That, to me, is ALL THE MORE reason TO remember it... Of course, that may be the college history major in me... ;D ;D ;D

-Mark