Polish Iron v.05 grip replacement.

Info, pictures, advice...
Polishiron68

Polish Iron v.05 grip replacement.

Post by Polishiron68 »

https://flic.kr/s/aHskyVsWgo
Greetings all,
To all who have supported my project through the purchase of the v.05 grip. Thank You.
However through my own findings and feedback from the community, I have made some corrections and will be replacing all of your grips to date. This does not constitute a product failure...just a shortcoming that I am unwilling to support.
As I do not wish to clog up this forum with a long narrative, please go to the Flickr link above and click on the "show more" link below the main title. Read and respond as needed.
This is all good stuff in the end. A bit of a chore for me. Better product for us all. We all benefit .

I will be reporting this over on the other forum as well.
Regards,
Russ...
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: Polish Iron v.05 grip replacement.

Post by manicmechanic »

Russ much appreciated work on your part. Will check fit on 64's meant for regripping. Pretty sure all are post 1969, I do have 2 1968's but wasn't intending on changing those out as they are consecutively numbered unissued examples of the pierogi pistol. I just received the grips Friday the 6th, and I glanced at the note that came with them, it may also have some info regarding this improvement. Thanks, Leo
gemini1

Post by gemini1 »

Thanks for looking out for us Russ. Yeah I did have that gap/clearance on my 76 stamped pistol. I didn't pay too much attention to it, but since you discovered that and made mods to later model ones, then I may as well avail of it. Just sent you an email.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Russ,

I'll be honest with you, mine looks like the image in photo #0231 the pistol on the right. There's a slight gap but upon running my finger across/over it it feels smooth/seamless. The pistol I used is a 1975 model. I was probably gonna buy another v0.5 grip from you anyway after letting my recoil-sensitive grandson shoot it. I put a set of the earlier 'test' grips on his 1968 and as he uses a glove already, he was pleased. I thought I'd give him the option but the v0.5 grip I have on my '75 now feels pretty darn good.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I will check mine for year and if there is a gap.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
BeoBill

Post by BeoBill »

Mine appear to be good as they are; I got them less than a month ago. Many thanks for watching out for the community!
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I checked my 1977 and there is a 3/64's of an inch gap.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Polishiron68

Post by Polishiron68 »

Thanks guys,
Weather you think you need it or not. You do need it. I just need to get beyond this. I also made the grip a bit tighter and modified it internally to accept the new mag release extension.
So please just make your request and supply me with your guns mfg. date. And hope there were only two frame variations.
Thanks again.
Russ...
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

Thanks Russ, I haven't had time to test at the range (yet), lots of traveling and young kids n' all. It's on the to-do very soon, though.
billhac

Post by billhac »

Hi Russ, received my grips today, they fit great on my 1968, just got done running a couple mags through it and I've got to say........
No way are you getting mine back, even if they didn't fit right. Your grips are the absolute best there is(sorry marschell), I have not changed any springs on my p64 yet, because I'm waiting for them to come in the mail. I have shot it with the factory grips and a slip on houge grip, and a very rough recoil, and man with the polish irons on it the felt recoil is very minimal, your grips made it a pleasure to shoot.

So I'm a little upset with you, because the grips are so good that I know I will shoot it more, which means I have to buy more ammo, man you are really costing me money.

But I like, keep up the great work
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Russ,

Mine is a 1976 and I consider the grip fit to be quite excellent and I will state that as far as I am concerned there is no need for a replacement at this time. But I must say thank you for looking out for us.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.