New P-64 Owner In Texas

Info, pictures, advice...
RoyOdhner

New P-64 Owner In Texas

Post by RoyOdhner »

I'm a long time Makarovnik (caliber, not exclusively the gun) who lives down in Johnson County, TX. I just picked-up a P-64 from Cabela's yesterday. I've wanted one for years, Cabela's had them at what I thought was a decent price, and I'm due to graduate from Texas Wesleyan next month and wanted to give myself a graduation present. (It was perfect set-up, and I just had to buy it). I already have a CZ-82 and an IJ-70, so this is a nice addition to my little 9x18 collection.

I've got a CHL, but won't carry anything much larger than a PPK because I just don't like the bulk. So, the P-64 is gonna be a nice addition to my EDC rotation (along side my IJ-70, Glock 42, SCCY CPX-2, and TCP). Nice little gun, the P64: thin, compact, rugged, and strangely ugly yet cool looking. The trigger pull is pretty dang heavy in DA, but I believe it is workable -even if I have to carry it in SA with the safety on.

I haven't had a chance to take it out on the range yet, but I hope to get her out there on Wednesday morning after I get off work. I've heard it's a stout little beast, and I guess I'll find out on Wednesday. I've generally found, at least for me, that the reported stoutness isn't really all that bad so I'm not too concerned.

Anyway, I'm happy to be here and am looking forward to learning all about the P64.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: New P-64 Owner In Texas

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome to The brotherhood Roy. Glad you found you way to us. One small thing though, this gun cannot be carried in SA with the safety on as the safety acts as a decocker. If your hammer stays cocked with the safety fully on then you have an issue that should definitely be resolved BEFORE a trip to the range. And I would recommend looking at PolishIron's V05 grips. they will make your P-64 that much nicer to shoot. Go here to see pics and maybe order

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6018
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Roy.

+1 don't carry w/o the safety on.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Great site here to learn about the P-64. Carry loaded with the safety on. Look into a Wolffe spring kit if you want a better DA trigger pull.
My EDC is a P-64.
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."