Another P-64 Info Source

Info, pictures, advice...
preacher

Another P-64 Info Source

Post by preacher »

Here's a website that I used before I found this place. It's not as good as the manual already listed, but still worth taking a look at.

http://www.makarov.com/others/

I tried to post this in the manual section, but it must be locked. Feel free to move wherever necessary.

xelloss

Another P-64 Info Source

Post by xelloss »

That's taken directly from one of the Jane's Pocket Guides... I've got that book... ;D ;D ;D

-Mark
preacher

Another P-64 Info Source

Post by preacher »

That's cool. That's about all I could find prior to this place.
xelloss

Another P-64 Info Source

Post by xelloss »

One of these days I'm going to pick up a new edition of Jane's Infantry Weapons... At $300 new, though, it's kinda hard to justify it over another couple of P-64s... ;D ;D ;D Still, I do enjoy my 1988-89 edition...

-Mark
pezzonovante

Another P-64 Info Source

Post by pezzonovante »

[quote author=preacher board=general thread=1134933912 post=1134933912 [/quote]

Tell me how to post pictures and I\ll post the scan of the P-64 section taken directly out of DST-1110H-394-76 "Small Arms Identification And Operation Guide - Eurasian Communist Countries". Or maybe you'd rather like quotes from Polish P-64 manuals Uzbr.665/65 and Uzbr.1044/68?
mikethewreck

Another P-64 Info Source

Post by mikethewreck »

Somebody help this man! We love pictures!
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Another P-64 Info Source

Post by dfunk »

First, go here: http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi?bo ... 1132531697
My post is the sond or third one and I think it explains it pretty well. If you need more help, just ask.
pezzonovante

Another P-64 Info Source

Post by pezzonovante »

My post is the sond or third one and I think it explains it pretty well. If you need more help, just ask.
As I might have mentioned somewhere earlier, it's the first forum I ever took a plunge into, so it might take me a little bit of time to master all the tricks. I hope with a little help from bartos_061, I'd be able to send you these soon. I'll start with the US DIA small arms manual, as that would be the most readily understandable. Then you'll have the opportunity to learn some Polish, as we absolve into the repair manual - some measured drawings would be helpful, I hope.
Bear with me, please.
pezzonovante

Another P-64 Info Source

Post by pezzonovante »

One, two, three, checking up on the picture feature. These are my P-64 official Polish Army manuals:
1. Uzbr.771/65 1966 thin booklet (32 pp), rare - mostly handed out to the Ministry of Interior with the first batch of the P-64s in 1966-67.
2. Uzbr.1044/68 1969 First edition military manual (85 pp)
3. same manual, same signature - a 1974 reprint
4. same manual, same signature - a 1985 reprint
5. Uzbr.958/68 1968 Illustrated Parts Catalog
6. Uzbr.1594/74 1974 Parts Nomenclature List
7. Uzbr. 1358/72 1972 Repair Manual - gosh, I forgot to draw a number - OK, it's the only one w/o number, in the upper middle

Let's see if that gadget works ???
Last edited by pezzonovante on January 4th, 2006, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Another P-64 Info Source

Post by dfunk »

Well done! ;D
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Another P-64 Info Source

Post by abwehr »

pezzonovante,

Very well done layout with the photo! The Manuals look very nice. Yes, it would be good to be able to read Polish, but unfortunantly I can't! I do have one book on Polish firearms, written in Polish, but I bought a Polish/English dictionary and when I see photos of things I want to know more about, I start looking up Polish words and see what the English meaning is. It takes a while to do this, but I usually get the basic idea of what is written.

It is a distinct pleasure to have all you guys from Poland on the Forum; all of you are a wealth of information we would never have without you!!!!!!
pezzonovante

Another P-64 Info Source

Post by pezzonovante »

Well, as our friend preacher would probably tell, "seek ye and thou would be granted" (or words to that effect) ;). You said you love pictures, and pictures there would be.

These come from an article published in 1968 by the (sadly late) Military Technological Review (Wojskowy Przegl¹d Techniczny) periodical, introducing the then brand spankin' new P-64 and explaining the intricaties of her innards to the hungry crowds. These were drawn by the then Cpt. Jerzy Pyzel, the seventh author of the Czak, and a man who brought about it's production.

These are published here with a friendly consent from the author, who by the way, asked me to give his regards to all who go to such trouble in order to spread the gospel of his work.

I. Firing mechanism ready to fire. Hammer cocked, disconnector in upper position.
II. The instant of ignition. Firing pin strikes the primer, trigger bar deflects sear forward [original caption says "to the right" meaning to the right of the drawing, but considering the pistol it would be deflected forward]

III. Position of parts after the discharge. Slide moves back, disconnector pushed down, trigger bar disengaged from the the sear ("cease fire").
IV. DA cocking {Polish term "samonapinanie" means literally "self-cocking"}. Trigger bar engaged with the hammer, sear deflected forward [again - the original caption says "to the right" - of the drawing :)]

EJECTOR

I. Ejecting case. The ejector is in lower position.
II. Slide held back. The ejector is upper position.

Hope you'll like these ;D
Last edited by pezzonovante on January 5th, 2006, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tunnelrat

Another P-64 Info Source

Post by tunnelrat »

Very helpful. Thank you.

i dzienkuje bardzo