Grip 'n' Group

Info, pictures, advice...
4rum

Re: Grip 'n' Group

Post by 4rum »

Thanks everyone for the responses. I got this one ordered:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Makarov-Polish- ... RTM2247625
Remember, at the end of the day ... it gets dark.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Yep. The Outbags P-64 holster. I think your gonna love it. Let us know what you think of it 4rum. Just curious- black or brown? :?
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
4rum

Post by 4rum »

Just went with the black. Choices were black or 'dark' brown. I might have gone for a lighter brown. Pictures show the holster riding pretty high, I may still look into one that fits into the back of the trousers. The shame about this whole thing is that I now feel the NEED to carry.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Why is that a shame? I feel underdressed, almost naked without one riding on me.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

It would be a shame not to carry and run into what goes on out there these days.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

+2 on that Curly.
4rum

Post by 4rum »

I grew up and still live in a rural area where doors weren't even locked ... until a few short years ago. Every neighbor had the assurance that EVERY OTHER neighbor had their back ... until a few short years ago. In the last few short years I've had to grow up, a LOT. Stay safe guys. I love your attitude.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Grew up in the north side of our city in the 60's. Rarely saw a police car and left our doors unlocked during the day as we kids were in and out as needed. Mrs Curly grew up ion the south side and had the same experience. Wouldn't recommend that now in either area.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

To my disbelief, a female college student woke up 2 days ago with a man standing over her while sleeping. 2-3 A.M. and when she screamed, he left. She didn't get hurt, just scared. This was in the city (Jungle) of New Orleans which I live about 15 miles from. She left her door unlocked! (DUH!) You can NOT do that in the city. Nice areas, million dollar homes, walk 6 blocks in practically any direction and it's like another world. I wonder what she's studying in college? Certainly not LOGIC!

I have about 5 miles of SWAMP separating my subdivision from that city. I LOCK MY DOORS AND ACTIVATE MY SIMPLYSAFE ALARM (highly recommended) EVERY NIGHT! No feral New Orleanians out here! :mrgreen:
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I have done security work in downtown Detroit, Flint and Grand Rapids MI. at night as well as some pretty nice places too and was the Head of Security for a hospital in Muskegon, MI. I have seen and responded to some things that still give me the willy's just thinking about. The saying "Bad things happen to Good people" has been firmly burned into my mind. And now I live in a town of 1800 +/- in Wyoming and I still lock everything. My wife does not understand why saying that "out here nothings gonna happen". Yeah. Right. Condition Orange people, all the f*@#ing time. Period. :twisted:
4rum

Post by 4rum »

I dispatched for several years. One of my closest friends was probably the best police officer I'll ever know. In his words "If you ever carry, always carry." Meaning that if you are known, you are expected to be carrying a weapon and anyone confronting you will automatically assume just that, so ... the threat is elevated from the onset. My take ... I agree wholeheartedly and if faced with a scumbag, I would very much like to arrange for that person to have a very bad day. Another saying of Ron's, "The name of the game is: go home at the end of the shift."

Good discussion y'all.
4rum

Post by 4rum »

Holster came today ... I have NO idea why my smart phone thinks my bed spread is pink. It's a very dark maroon.

Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

It's because the flash is of a certian color light that tends to change the appearance of certian colors, usually making them brighter. Flashes on smartphones are LED's and are not always tuned to a temperature that leaves colors neutral for the human eye. Anyway, what do you think of the holster?
4rum

Post by 4rum »

Just unboxed it and slipped the P64 inside. Fits snugly. I'll know more when I've broken it in a bit.

Again, thanks to everyone for the input, help and your patience as I get used to my first P64.