Does anyone else's p-64....

Info, pictures, advice...
nicksterdemus

Post by nicksterdemus »

zbysiu23, how do ya like the gun sock on the 64? That's the small Hogue isn't it?

EDIT: Sorry 'bout the c&p fiasco as I only intended 2 copy zbysiu23 n somehow ended up w/everything else.
Last edited by nicksterdemus on April 24th, 2007, 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

copy and paste is alot of fun...;)
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

So far my loads are real nice and i have 75 more to try now ! yippee ! i am shooting a real light load under speer 90 gr JHP bullets also!(very comfortable/controllable). I will go shoot them soon but the Truck and IRL and ARCA races are here in town this weekend, so i will try to go shoot during the week. G
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

115grfmj,
To get back to your original question, yes we all experience nicks and cuts with the P64 and many other concealed carry pistole's. Hand guns are tools and like all tools they some times bite you. The important thing to remember is that this tool may some day save yours or a member of your family's life. I am currently sporting two small cuts and a bruise on the web of my right hand between my thumb and forefinger. Given its deficiency's in that respect, I am so enamored of this pistol and its superior carry quality, I am willing to deal with the scrapes and bruises to acquire and maintain proficiency with it.......... G.R.

P.S.,
A shooting glove couldn't hurt during practice. Change the springs and may be consider a melt of the lower rear end of the slide. If you have very large hands you may want to consider a different carry weapon. ............. G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on April 24th, 2007, 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zbysiu23

Post by zbysiu23 »

Hi the small hogue sleeve fits me pretty well and after rounding the sharp edges of the frame does not bite me no matter what I am shooting..

Greetings
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

you can also us a bicycle inter tube cut and fit it

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
czakpacker

Post by czakpacker »

We should all contact the makers of Pearce grips and make them aware that there's a lot of P-64 owners out there. I love the Pearce grip on my Makarov and I would buy one for my 64 in a heartbeat if it was available.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Pearce Grip = Instant Palm Bumper

Can they make one with an air bag! PLEEEEEEASE!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

;D
POINT SHOOTER
dwd

Post by dwd »

"you can also us a bicycle inter tube cut and fit it

NORM"

I took a piece of old bicycle inner tube from my wife's bike (I put two new tubes in it two years ago and she hasn't rode it since) The first one I cut straight, about 2", and put it on and thought I could do better. So, for the second one I cut it on a taper or bevel, about 2" on one side and about 2 1/2" on the other side. I put the 2" side under the trigger and the longer side towards the back, slight difference, but I like it better.
The tube I used was from a 10 speed with the small racing style tires. I was surprised how thin it was and by the time I stretched it over the grips, it was even thinner. Right now the tube has a lot of talc still on it so it is slick. Since everything is black it looks fine and feels good too. I am going to leave them on for a while to see how I like them.
I am going to look for a thicker rubber and a slightly larger tire tube to see if it works better. I read on a forum somewhere a guy rolled up little pieces of inner tube, stuck them up under the tube sleeve and it made little finger notches. It looked good but as tight as mine are I don't think it is possible.
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by space »

Don't worry. In a month or two a large callous will form on the web of your hand. It will kinda look like the bottom of your foot.

Won't hurt anymore.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Space wrote:Don't worry. In a month or two a large callous will form on the web of your hand. It will kinda look like the bottom of your foot.

Won't hurt anymore.

I love it

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
roynh2000

Post by roynh2000 »

i just found this site a few days ago and love it.i bought my p64 two years ago and love the thunder from a small frame. Norm thanks for all the infor on changing the springs. your pictures are very good too.i will put some pics on here of my honey p64. Roy from New Hampshire
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Roy

welcome

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
torpeau

Post by torpeau »

Space wrote:Don't worry. In a month or two a large callous will form on the web of your hand. It will kinda look like the bottom of your foot.
How long for the callous to form on my trigger finger where the trigger guard digs in? ;)
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark