Does anyone else's p-64....

Info, pictures, advice...
115grfmj

Post by 115grfmj »

Repeatedly........BITE you :'(??? I literally can't make it through 50 rounds with out giving blood. The frame whacks me on the base of my thumb so hard, I get bone bruises. Now before anyone says and thing I'm not recoil shy at all, I own REAL ;D hard kicking weapons.....I've just never had something that was down right unpleasant to shoot. It's too bad, I love the thing, and am not planning on getting rid of it.....but D#*M. Anybody have any advice????
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

My wife wears a weight lifters glove that has no fingers but has nice padding in the web and palm of the hand. She says it reduces the recoil to a manageable level.
zbysiu23

Post by zbysiu23 »

For me it is not the slide is the frame or its square edges that bite between the thumb and index..I had filed the edges round polished it reblued it using up blueing pen and I am happy...
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

What a great morphing shot ! Good timing !! i was trying to find a glove for my wife, i think you just solved my dilemma ! Thanks for the pics ! G
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

redfestiva,

Great photo of the recoil in your wife's hands, appreciate you sharing that with us.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

No problem Papabear,
Those gloves come from Walmart by the way, something like $8.
OFF SUBJECT: Went to a Dayton Ohio gun show yesterday with a guy from work. He wanted to buy his very first firearm and wanted a P-64. We found a near mint 1974 triangle hammer for $165.00. He was a happy camper. He picked up 2 boxes of Silver Bear and another P-64 fan is born. There were 2 other P-64's at the gun show but they had conciderable wear to the finish. That's no problem except they were'nt priced accordingly. We finally have a beautiful weekend (too bad it wasnt like this for Knob Creek) and my wife and I got some range time in yesterday as well , ahhh let the good weather begin!!
Last edited by redfestiva on April 22nd, 2007, 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Sweeeet ! maybe he will join on here too ! What ammo were you shooting yesterday? were you shooting close up or longer distances? if you don't mind my asking. Thanks , G
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

Sweeeet ! maybe he will join on here too ! What ammo were you shooting yesterday? were you shooting close up or longer distances? if you don't mind my asking. Thanks , G
I was using Silver Bear 94grain FMJ . This is one of my targets at 75ft.
Last edited by redfestiva on April 22nd, 2007, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

MAN DOOOWN ! I love reaching out with this pistol ! It will hit where you Aim ! I hit a tin can lid from about that distance on the second try ! almost dead center even. Lucky? naw , its the gun!
(ok, i admit, it coulda been the Bullet Attractant Targets.) G
danicrow

Post by danicrow »

lol... these guns are great to shoot. I went yesterday and shot my first one that i got a week ago and it shot like a dream..... even with out modifications.....
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

danicrow,
Glad your P-64 performed well. They are fun for sure! Mine is bone factory , no mods either.
kempin

Post by kempin »

115grfmj,

Mine used to bite me and beat me bad . . . untill I started loading my own. Tone the load down just a touch and it is, quite literally, my favorite gun to shoot. In my opinion, the p-64 alone is reason enough to invest in reloading. But, I begin to repeat myself . . .

God bless and straight shooting,

-Kempin
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

hey Kempin , i also started re-loading and reduced the loads and when i ran out of the 50 i had i still really wanted to shoot more, yessiree ! the P-64 also made me consider reloading. i am very pleased with the loads i have made, and i am just beginning to experiment with different loads. my first bullets all shot really good groups and i was shooting with a heavy crosswind. REALLY HEAVY crosswind. anyways they are better than store-bought and tuned to my gun well . i will still gladly buy store bought ammo to compare and enjoy , but i do love my own handloads more. i think the lighter loads will add to the life of my pistol as well as my hand .
G
zbysiu23

Post by zbysiu23 »

kempin

Post by kempin »

Glad to hear, Garry. Just stopped out to the range this morning to tinker with a couple of rifle loads, and as I had a clean target up when I was done, I thought I would try my p-64 at 25 yards. 21 rounds all within an eight inch circle, more than half in the four inch center circle. That was from a rest, but still . . . this thing just loves a custom load.

GBASS,

-Kempin