Russ's grips v0.4

Info, pictures, advice...
tech 1

Russ's grips v0.4

Post by tech 1 »

Received the grips today, did I little dremeling as Russ instructed and installed the new grips. Gotta say, the fit is very nice and they snapped into place without any problem. They feel real good in the hand wi5h the extra swell. Dry fired numerous times and all functions were normal. Will get to the range this weekend and try them out for real. So far so very good. Hopefully pics loaded
Attachments
NCM_0022.JPG
NCM_0021.JPG
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Russ's grips v0.4

Post by Curly1 »

Got mine today also but the trigger would not reset.

Did you have the same problem?
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
tech 1

Post by tech 1 »

First thing I did was dremel down the top right side a little. Compare it to the original grip and you can see how it's basically cut out for the trigger bar. I just took it down a little to allow clearance for the trigger bar. Dry fire testing works fine. Live rounds this weekend
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Thanx, that's what I thought cause that's how I got the previous version to keep the trigger bar from hanging up.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Curly1 wrote:Got mine today also but the trigger would not reset.

Did you have the same problem?

Same here. Used the original R/H grip as a pattern and even though I won't win any awards for prettiness of work, I reamed the grip to resemble the OEM and it dry-fired OK. Didn't shoot it but looks like it should be fine. I opened up the mag-release area, too, so all should be good.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Got mine to work DA/SA but the grips have movement in them when switching mags which results in the trigger bar disengaging until they are reseated. I probably took too much off.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I got mine late last week and I had the same problem with the trigger bar. Have not tried anything with the dremel yet but the feel in the hand is awesome. I bet perceived recoil is way down with these. Love them. Can't wait for the updated ones.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
gemini1

Post by gemini1 »

Hey Ketchman, if you get the updated one and will not do anything to the version 0.4, I would like to take it off your hand and try it out on my pistol. Of course I will pay for shipping.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I started in with the dremel tool about an hour ago to make them work. I will let ya know how it works and maybe then we will have a deal.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.