P-64 Grip v.05

Info, pictures, advice...
makczak

P-64 Grip v.05

Post by makczak »

Ok guys and gals,
I think I've done all i can to address the grip deficiencies. All addressing the split clam shell causing hand damage. Poor ergonomics and cosmetics.
v.05 is likely the end game for me and also likely a real game changer!
I lost the write up (temporarily) so ill make it brief.
These images are in model stage and i will create the first mold tomorrow. And perhaps parts also.
The feel is incredible even to me.
it also corrects some of my internal retention problems with v.04.
Trigger bar clearance was corrected in v.04 and also v.05
This is a simple slip on "boot", semi rigid or rigid material (TBD) . With molded in latch detail at the lower end to engage the frame inside the mag well. I will make a cam-type tool to insert and spread the grip for easy removal.
So we now have a slip on ,one piece grip, with checkered palm swell in three places and finger grips on front panel.
Took awhile to get here. But I think other than making real clean master tools. Im done.
But as always open to suggestions.
Ill keep the test team up to date with samples. They have some new v.04 by now for evaluation.
Check the pics! https://flic.kr/s/aHskix5x5x
Russ...
Attachments
IMG_2338.jpg
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: P-64 Grip v.05

Post by Curly1 »

Wow that looks great Russ can't wait to test em.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Well, I gotta admit that those are some nice looking grips and some superlative workmanship! Russ, you've really put a lot of time and effort into this project ... and it shows!!! I, for one, really appreciate your work and generosity in making and releasing this item for testing. I like what I've used (with a few noted exceptions) and it looks like you've taken care of that in the next versions. I can't wait. Thanks SO MUCH for your time and effort.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Looking great Russ!!
gemini1

Post by gemini1 »

Good job Russ!
While I have not seen any of the grips, mods v.4 or .5 in person to make any suggestions.
I wanted to ask you or the testers.
Does the grip have a swell or meat added at the back/rear mid to bottom area of the grip?
Im looking at both the 64 and the S&W Shield grips, side by side. As you might know, the Shield has a very nice feel on the grip, which allows you to naturally point the pistol at the target.
The rear/back side, from the mid point going down the bottom area of the Shield grip has more meat or is more inclined, compared to the P64's that is just straight down.
makczak

Post by makczak »

Yes. The grips have checkered palm and heel swells. And the v.05 will also incorporate finger grips on the front panel.
Both models should be valid for different tastes.
And the final, (i think) model will have interchangeable wood inserts Which was my original version. See the fiikr links on past posts from me.
More to come soon.
Russ...
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

The test grips feel very good in the hand and give a solid feel to your grip.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Russ I can't wait for the final version for testing. Will even pay for them if need be. These look very very cool.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Paulnola

Post by Paulnola »

Russ,
Very impressive! I think someone asked this before but did you consider adding a beaver tail? The lack of one is my only complaint on the P-64 design.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Beaver tail discussion here.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5854&p=53680#p53680
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary