Addendum on CLASSIC FIREARMS

Info, pictures, advice...
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Addendum on CLASSIC FIREARMS

Post by robhic »

OK, looks like Classic has been getting beat up pretty badly these days and I am guilty of it, too. Looks like they deserved it for the most part! But if they do something positive, I feel I should give them credit for that, also.

The FFL dealer I use for Classic deliveries is a gunsmith/trainer and a friend of mine. He's done me favors over the years and I wanted to pay him back in some way if I could. (I posted about my intentions earlier about 3-4 weeks ago.) I told him to get some P-64's and I'd refurbish them for free for him. All he had to do was pay me what I invested (springs, grip sleeve or whatever) and I'd do the labor for free. He could sell them fixed up and tricked out and keep any and all profits for himself. I enjoy refurbishing the guns and look at it as a hobby and a way I could repay this man for stuff he's done for me. I pay $230 and he sells it for $300+ he keeps the profit and I feel like I helped him out (He has a business to run - I don't...).

At first it didn't look good because Classic didn't wanna "play ball" unless I paid $20 APIECE for them to hand pick 3 guns! I said that was hiway robbery and to hell with THAT! But my boy said he felt lucky and would take his chances.

So I emailed Classic and asked (nicely!!!) if it was too much to ask for pistols that were blued and not BROWN with rust like I had received last time. The guy wrote back and said just write on the order for him, personally, to check for non-rusted finish pistols and he'd get me 3. I said thank you very much and that I appreciated it.

My friend the FFL gunsmith just emailed me that the pistols arrived and LOOKED GOOD! I haven't seen them, yet, but I should tomorrow. Looks like I owe Classic credit for this one. I know it doesn't make all the past stuff right, but I feel since I wrote about the bad I should also give them credit for the good. Only fair.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Wonabe

Re: Addendum on CLASSIC FIREARMS

Post by Wonabe »

While that was fair I think it's beyond a mistake how many rust jobs they have sent out especially after the big puff piece description, even ending with "If you want a very nice p64, this is it", with a description like that no reasonable person would expect to open up the box to such bottom of the barrel crap! :x

The sad thing is, if they sold these for $200 with a realistic grade they would have sold just the same probably. Now they've hiked the price up another fifty bucks..
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Wonabe wrote:While that was fair I think it's beyond a mistake how many rust jobs they have sent out ...
The sad thing is, if they sold these for $200 with a realistic grade they would have sold just the same probably. Now they've hiked the price up another fifty bucks..
Wow! I hadn't seen the new price. And I agree with you. We only paid $199 each for the ones we bought. If the $249 had been the price, I'm pretty sure we'd have gone through AIM. He'd have had to register with them first but I don't think we'd have gone the extra 50 bucks.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

You can buy them locally at Gander Mtn for < $250, no extra FFL fee, no shipping fee, and you see it in person.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

snailman153624 wrote:You can buy them locally at Gander Mtn for < $250, no extra FFL fee, no shipping fee, and you see it in person.

How many mags do you get?
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
cobber

Post by cobber »

robhic wrote:
Wonabe wrote:While that was fair I think it's beyond a mistake how many rust jobs they have sent out ...
Wow! I hadn't seen the new price. And I agree with you. We only paid $199 each for the ones we bought. If the $249 had been the price, I'm pretty sure we'd have gone through AIM. He'd have had to register with them first but I don't think we'd have gone the extra 50 bucks.
AIM has $199 P-64's now. Just sayin'...