Knob Creek

Info, pictures, advice...
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Knob Creek

Post by grayfox »

;D
Well Friday was a great day, got a lot of shopping done, found grease gun mags new in wrapper for 15.00, two new cz50 mags for 16.00, like new Uzi IMI mags for 10.00 each. Also picked up a 303 Brit rifle (privite sale) for 125.00. It started to rain friday night and sat. morning it was raining like a bi**h, but I got to meet Papabear as we were heading out sat morning. I wish I had more time to talk to him & steve, but I was already cold as hell...and I had found out that my wife's 7 yr old Boxer had just had a heartattack & died while we were on our way up.
If you haven't meet Papabear, you have missed out, one of the nicest guys you will ever meet...just wish I had more time to spend with him, but maybe next time. 8-)
redfestiva

Knob Creek

Post by redfestiva »

Grayfox,
My wife and I drove down saturday in rain the whole way.I figured at least the swap meet is under shelter so what the hell. When we got there about 2 oclock it was a complete mud fest. I saw cars parked where even a 4x4 shouldnt even go. My wife was with me and we decide to come back in october when hopefully it wont be as sloppy. I saw alot of folks walking around with mud up to their knees as well. It rained even harder the whole way back home. I'm glad you saw better weather b4 saturday and that you got some deals.There's always next time.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Knob Creek

Post by grayfox »

Grayfox,
My wife and I drove down saturday in rain the whole way.I figured at least the swap meet is under shelter so what the hell. When we got there about 2 oclock it was a complete mud fest. I saw cars parked where even a 4x4 shouldnt even go. My wife was with me and we decide to come back in october when hopefully it wont be as sloppy. I saw alot of folks walking around with mud up to their knees as well. It rained even harder the whole way back home. I'm glad you saw better weather b4 saturday and that you got some deals.There's always next time.
Sorry you got caught in the rain. We were soaked by the time we broke camp. I saw they were parked 1/2 mile up on the road. The tables are under cover, but it wasn't worth getting soaked. Hope to see you in Oct.
redfestiva

Knob Creek

Post by redfestiva »

grayfox,
Sorry to hear about your boxer. 7 yrs is pretty young, hope there was no suffering. :(
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Knob Creek

Post by papabear »

WOW, what a trip, and getting to hook up with "grayfox" and get to talk to him, while standing in the rain and mud even only for maybe ten minutes. He is a super guy, it was like getting to see an old friend, sorry we couldn't spend more time, but we will in the near future. "redfestiva", sorry we missed you, maybe next time, because for sure I'll be there again. Yes it was a mess, according to security I talked to, it would be sometime Monday before they could possibility get all the cars and trucks out of the parking lots. The lower parking lots were under water.

Did get to spend the day with "anjdrifter", another supper guy, also got to meet one of his son's and two of his grandchildren. He got there on Friday too, and ran recon, so I had personal point man for the day. Man it was wet and muddy, but not a hill for a climber, still one hell of a great day, if you are into milsurp, this is one trip you gotta make at least once. Did pick up some great stuff and bargains were to be had. Also, there was just about any machine gun there and for a price you could shoot till your face turned black.

Here are some pics of the shoot and show on Sat. when it wasn't raining.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
redfestiva

Knob Creek

Post by redfestiva »

Papabear,
Did you shoot some full auto? What goodies did you pic up at the swap area? Any deals on ammo?
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Knob Creek

Post by papabear »

Papabear,
Did you shoot some full auto? What goodies did you pic up at the swap area? Any deals on ammo?
Didn't shoot anything, saved my $$$ for the deals, my cousin that went with me shot the .50 cal, 25 rounds $80........a tad rich for my blood, however, I have shot a lot of these weapons before, .50 cal. .30 cal, M14, M16, it would have been nice to shoot the MG34 and MG42 for me. Found some milsurp field gear for my collection, didn't need any ammo, they had some really good deals on the ammo but in case lots, getting it back to the car was to long a walk in the rain and mud. Did pick up a really nice 1962 E.G. Makarov w/papers, two mags and holster. Will send pic's later. Again sorry we missed you, but like you said, next time, cause I'll be there again for sure and hopefully the weather will cooperate.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Knob Creek

Post by grayfox »

grayfox,
Sorry to hear about your boxer. 7 yrs is pretty young, hope there was no suffering. :(
Thanks, he was like a family member, but he ran outside and had a heart attack & just dropped. No suffering....

Papabear,
GREAT pics, glad you got a lil clear time. Sorry I didn't get to meet everybody, but we were breaking camp in the rain. Maybe next time we can spend some time looking over the old milsap stuff. Thanks again for everyone being so great & hope to see Papabear here in the smokeys someday.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Knob Creek

Post by bzinggg »

That's too bad about your buddy, grayfox. They can sure leave a hole when they go, can't they? I mean if you have them long enough they become part of the family.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Knob Creek

Post by grayfox »

That's too bad about your buddy, grayfox. They can sure leave a hole when they go, can't they? I mean if you have them long enough they become part of the family.
Amen to that...and thanks.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Knob Creek

Post by papabear »

Tried to spare y'all this but someone has insisted that I put a pic of us on here, so here it is, anjdrifter and papabear at Knob Creek. I'm the one on the right, and the big ugly one on the left is Al. Didn't have a chance to get a pic of grayfox, it was raining pretty bad and he was needing to get his camper out of the water and mud and head home. This pic was actually taken the next day[Sun], cause we to clean to have been at KC and look like this........ ;D

Hayden
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Knob Creek

Post by anjdrifter »

I dont know I think the big guy is pretty good looking at least that is what i tell my mirror every morning.... of course I have just started wearing glasses full time.....al
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Knob Creek

Post by grayfox »

Sure looks like you two have been up to something............
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Knob Creek

Post by anjdrifter »

yup buying up good stuff,,,,,and saying nan nan an nan to all who were not there...
Last edited by anjdrifter on April 17th, 2007, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Knob Creek

Post by carguy »

Real mature...rub it in, thanks.

It sounds like you had a great time like I told papabear, I'm jealous, maybe someday I'll be able to convice the mrs. to go or "let me go" (now that might be dangerous). 8~)