Used P-64 mags for sale

Info, pictures, advice...
frameman

Used P-64 mags for sale

Post by frameman »

http://www.sgammo.com/product/surplus/1 ... tol-ma1452

Check this out. I ordered 4 just now. Looks like a pretty good deal compared to what others are wanting to charge.
>
> "THE
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GENIUS AND STUPIDITY IS THAT GENIUS HAS ITS
> LIMITS"...
ALBERT EINSTEIN
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: Used P-64 mags for sale

Post by robhic »

Yes it is! Cheapest I've seen so far is $21 for used and $25 for new. But they were out of stock. I found others for $29 used but being in stock I ordered one. SGAmmo's seem the cheapest so far.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Shipping is steep for 1 mag $12
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
frameman

Post by frameman »

You could have bought more. I bought 4 mags and 4 boxes of ammo $12.00 shipping.
>
> "THE
> LIMITS"...
ALBERT EINSTEIN
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

frameman wrote:You could have bought more. I bought 4 mags and 4 boxes of ammo $12.00 shipping.
Gotta agree that $12 shipping for 1 mag is horrendous! But I have a soft spot for SGAmmo and I buy a TON of ammo from them! SG's prices are generally the best I find and when buying enough stuff to make the shipping more acceptable, he ships FAST!!! So give Sam a break, I guess shipping is shipping :( and he might even cut you some slack if you emailed him. He's a good guy so it might work.... But check out his ammo selection 'cause it usually will impress you.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Unfortunately he will not ship ammo to an FFL01 in NYS
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Curly1 wrote:Unfortunately he will not ship ammo to an FFL01 in NYS
OOOH! You poor guys have the worst luck! Just how DO you acquire anything like firearms and/or ammo up there? Just curious because it's never a problem (except when those bans hit or out-of-stock) down here so I never really think about that.
- Robert

Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

After the "SAFE Act" was passed in 2014 all internet ammo must be sent to an FFL01.

The FFL can then charge a fee.

There was supposed to be a background check now for ammo purhcases going on and the numbskulls in Albany thought they could use the FEDS current background check system. That turned out not to be the case so currently from what I have heard they do not have the money to build a system.

So what happens is what was happening before this nonsense is you have to show your Pistol Permit when purchasing handgun ammo at the store and you can only purchase calibers that are listed on your permit.

In the case if 22's they ask if it's for a pistol or rifle. If a rifle you just pay and go.

The problem is finding internet ammo sellers that will now ship to your FFL01 in NYS and an FFL01 that will accept it.

I have a long time FFL01 that will take it but as I said not so easy to find those willing to ship.

Long gun and hand gun purchases/transfers coming in or already in state including private sales must go thru an FFL01.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

My God! That's almost like applying for a government job with background checks and all the other BS just to buy! I just take it for granted because about the worst we put up with is the phone call to FBI (I think?) after filling in the form to buy a firearm. Takes a whole 5-10 minutes <gasp!> and that's it. I didn't realize just how good we have it here in LA: quick phone check with application, no waiting, no other BS involved. The only different twist is when I bought a .22 at an Academy Sporting Goods chain store. The clerk brought the weapon out to the car for me. Wouldn't let me take possession inside the store. Only place ever did that. And absolutely NO checks for ammo. Just pay and go.
- Robert

Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Yea that is the same here, FBI background check and fill out the form for gun purchase or transfers.

But then you take your sales receipt to the permit office, they add it to your permit then give you a green ticket to give to the FFl who logs it in his book then you get the gun, no waiting period if you can get it done all in the same day..
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
frameman

Post by frameman »

Got my merchandise today, mags look great shipping was fast. SGAmmo was great
>
> "THE
> LIMITS"...
ALBERT EINSTEIN