Invisible User??

Info, pictures, advice...
truth

Invisible User??

Post by truth »

Below is the last line of the Home page to this site.
What the hell is an "INVISIBLE USER" ?????
And, Why would you want to be Invisible???

Users Online

4 Members, 7 Guests, 1 Invisible User. Most users online was 44, Nov 5, 2006, 6:33pm
truth, bzinggg, NORMSUTTON, rockpaperscissors
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Invisible User??

Post by normsutton »

truth
I been wondering the same thing and who is he, I have seen him on other boards too

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
115grfmj

Invisible User??

Post by 115grfmj »

Thats odd, I see that too! It might be a hacker, my brother is a systems engineer for a local IT provider. He says he frequently monitors the ativity of less than legal users, who frequently cloak themselves, and no I'm not kidding.

I just called him (brother), sometimes the system recognizes them or counts them as users even though, it cant identify them.
Last edited by 115grfmj on April 10th, 2007, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
truth

Invisible User??

Post by truth »

At what point upon entering this site was he given the option to be "Invisible" ?? Do you think "Funky-Dick" has this site set up for you to be here under that premise??
nicksterdemus

Invisible User??

Post by nicksterdemus »

'ell evry1 could be invisible as far as I'm concerned. Got bigger fish 2 fry n realized long ago that I wouldn't be privy 2 knowledge of many mysteries. I reckon apathy reins supreme coz I could care even less now that I know but mo' power 2 those whose quest is the holey grail...........................
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Invisible User??

Post by carguy »

Could that just be someone reading the posts and not logged in? How many of us surfed around this site until we felt comfortable enough or weren't afraid to "be stupid" by saying something in a post that may not be intelligent on whatever the subject was? No that is a guest. Don't know but be nice!

Potential P-64 owner and new forum member!!

Hi, welcome, register so we can tease, misinterpret and abuse you like everyone else then you'll be one of us ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha! Hey do you want to coordinate buying 50,000 rounds of 9mm Mak ammo and drop ship to other members? It could be fun. 8~) Maybe you could use your invisible truck to deliver for invisible shipping fees!

Hey maybe this is the "lurker"!
Last edited by carguy on April 10th, 2007, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Invisible User??

Post by duggi60 »

When something is nothing don't worry about it !
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Invisible User??

Post by carguy »

Touche`

8~)
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Invisible User??

Post by bzinggg »

I'm sure that Dick or somebody will explain it once they read your posts.

I think it means that members are recognized because of stored cookies, guests are visible to the server as IP addresses, and the invisible are those whose IP address is not visible to the server.

I am most certain that the BATFE and the FBI, and many other agencies could monitor any forum in this fashion. I say, "So what?" In today's world, what kind of law enforcement agencies would they be if they didn't monitor a gun forum. We don't pay them to be stupid and incompetent, do we?
rockpaperscissors

Invisible User??

Post by rockpaperscissors »

I think it means that members are recognized because of stored cookies, guests are visible to the server as IP addresses, and the invisible are those whose IP address is not visible to the server.
Nope.

Invisibility is a setting in your profile. Click on "profile" then "modify profile"

It means you're not called out by name as someone viewing the forum. It's a privacy deal.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Invisible User??

Post by anjdrifter »

As the last posts stated It is nothing too nefarious ...it is a setting also some administrators and or the servers use that settings for monitoring and repairs.. ... If some one was watching you would never know...
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Invisible User??

Post by grayfox »

Its used on most forums to check the post. As a Mod on another forum, I do that when I,m checking and don't want a bunch of PMs sent. And when your set at invisible, only the staff members know.
What this forum doesn't have is a "block" tab. That way if someone was always being an ass, you could block them, and thier post would not show up on your screen. ;D
Last edited by grayfox on April 11th, 2007, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Invisible User??

Post by bzinggg »

Nope.

Invisibility is a setting in your profile. Click on "profile" then "modify profile"

It means you're not called out by name as someone viewing the forum. It's a privacy deal.
Thanks for the clarification. :)
truth

Invisible User??

Post by truth »

What a concept in life, If it offends you, hit the block option....Works every time!

" The 'Truth' is an offense but Never a Sin"
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Invisible User??

Post by grayfox »

What a concept in life, If it offends you, hit the block option....Works every time!

" The 'Truth' is an offense but Never a Sin"
Not really Truth,
Just sometimes you would like to read the info on the forum without hearing a lot of stupid bullshit. Thats when the "block" button comes in handy, kinda like TV, just change the channel when Al Sharpton comes on....