Single action not working

Info, pictures, advice...
tech 1

Single action not working

Post by tech 1 »

Just got a p64 from classic arms . As luck would have it the single action doesn't work most of the time. May need to pull trigger several times before whatever part engages and releases the hammer. Anyone know of what causes this ?
gemini1

Re: Single action not working

Post by gemini1 »

Well tech 1, since you just got the pistol, you might as well return it and ask for replacement, or let them fix it. It could be a number of things, worn our sear or the notch on the hammer that locks it on SA or something else. Parts may be hard to find and may take time to get to you, if you find it.
I bought parts from Laukart off of gunbroker, he is in Poland, and it takes about 3 weeks.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

+1 ^^^^^^
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
tech 1

Post by tech 1 »

I think I have it fixed, was fine until I cleaned it in my ultrasonic and replaced the trigger spring. I was testing it out before oiling. So I squirted in the Tri Flow and things started working right. Took it to the range fired about 65 rounds. Fed fine,ejected fine but did have 3 light strikes. I was reminded how unpleasant the p64 is to shoot, even with a heavier recoil spring.
craig

Post by craig »

Now you know why they call it "The Polish Punisher". Glad you got it fixed. :lol:
There is no free lunch
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

"was fine until I cleaned it in my ultrasonic and replaced the trigger spring."

We thought it didn't work right out of the box as your OP did not mention this.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
tech 1

Post by tech 1 »

I should have been clear on that, I took it out of the box, tried all the functions a few times and then it went into the ultrasonic cleaner. Anyhow all seems good, ordered some grips from tillander and will take the slide completely apart to clean it completely. Last one I had all the springs were gunked up