newby

Info, pictures, advice...
pasvorto

newby

Post by pasvorto »

Just pulled the trigger and bought a P-64 from J&G. I have a Polish Tokarev and this will make a nice CCW addition to the family. Looking forward to shooting it.
craig

Re: newby

Post by craig »

Congratulations and welcome from "Beer City" Wisconsin.
There is no free lunch
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

Always happy to see a new member, welcome.
Bill
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
jemsj4

Post by jemsj4 »

Welcome from SW Fl. I liked P-64 so much, I bought one for my brother to use as a back up gun. My son in law is getting one for Christmas. Of course I had to check to make sure it worked before he got it. ;)
bear34

Post by bear34 »

Welcome. I'm in Minneapolis.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome to The Brptherhood from Wyoming. :hi:
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
craig

Post by craig »

Ketchman - I love Wyoming, lived there for 8 years.
There is no free lunch
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I love it here too. Have no desire to go back to Michigan. Dont think I would want to live where I can't see all the way 'till tomorrow. Where did you live. I am in Wright.
pasvorto

Post by pasvorto »

Bear34, I live in Winona.
frankmako

Post by frankmako »

welcome and the p64 is a great carry gun.
craig

Post by craig »

I live between Cheyenne and Laramie.
There is no free lunch
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Have never been in that area Craig, but if it's like anywhere else in this state I bet it's pretty. Merry Christmas to everybody from Wyoming. We are having a White Christmas here.
pasvorto

Post by pasvorto »

Well, it came in yesterday. I opted to not pay the extra for the hand select. I don't have any pictures yet, but it looks brand new! I took to the slide off, planning to clean the bore but it looks like a mirror (with rifling) in there. I wonder if it's ever been shot. Not a scratch or flaw on the outside either. I will try to get some pictures over the holiday. No complaints.

I bought some Winchester FMJ rounds at the FFL. They were $28 for 50 rounds! Yikes! I need to look online for some brown or silver bear. I think that will be cheaper.

I walked around with it in my front pocket (normal blue jeans). It felt great and not printing that i could see. If I had a pocket holster it would probably be even more discreet.

I can't see why everyone is complaining about the DA trigger pull. I can pull it without any trouble. It is a 1970 model. I don't know if that would have any effect. I have to get it to the range. :-)
Juggar

Post by Juggar »

pasvorto wrote:Well, it came in yesterday. I opted to not pay the extra for the hand select. I don't have any pictures yet, but it looks brand new! I took to the slide off, planning to clean the bore but it looks like a mirror (with rifling) in there. I wonder if it's ever been shot. Not a scratch or flaw on the outside either. I will try to get some pictures over the holiday. No complaints.

I bought some Winchester FMJ rounds at the FFL. They were $28 for 50 rounds! Yikes! I need to look online for some brown or silver bear. I think that will be cheaper.

I walked around with it in my front pocket (normal blue jeans). It felt great and not printing that i could see. If I had a pocket holster it would probably be even more discreet.

I can't see why everyone is complaining about the DA trigger pull. I can pull it without any trouble. It is a 1970 model. I don't know if that would have any effect. I have to get it to the range. :-)
My local gunstore was also charging $28 for 9x18 mak, aluminum case blazer....

Mine is also a 1970 but not as nice as that!

I do agree that the DA trigger pull is not bad, maybe its bad for those with arthritis or weak fingers but as a 22 year old male I had no problem.

I hope mine shoots better than it looks, good luck with yours!