How did you find us?

Info, pictures, advice...
redfestiva

How did you find us?

Post by redfestiva »

On the forum for "Ohio For Concealed Carry" I was asking for recommendations for an inexpensive yet quality small semi auto pistol and someone there suggested the P-64 and turned me on to this forum.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

How did you find us?

Post by abwehr »

redfestiva,

The Polish P-64 is one of the finest small handguns I have found! These little pistols are very accurate for their size. Poland has always produced some very nice weapons. If this pistol was made today, with a little more polishing for finish and springs for todays shooters, I bet it would cost in the $300-400 range. They certainly are a bargain "sleeper" pistol, but the price on them continues to climb. Here is SC, they are almost non-existent in gun shops and when you see them, they are in the $200-250- range (ouch)! At gun shows, you may be able to find them in the $190 range, but usually, only about 1-2 are there.

By the way, take a look at all the "Stickeys" about the pistol. There is a lot of historical infomation on them and why the trigger pull is so hard. Have fun reading AND shooting!
redfestiva

How did you find us?

Post by redfestiva »

Actually I bought a P-64 on Dec. 30th, 36. A member on the OFCC forum knew I was interested and told me about a small gun shop in sw ohio that had 2 of them. I went there and they had a 1968 & 1970 in unused condition and both with the spring swap. They were $169.00 with manual and one magazine. I shot 100 rounds with it yesterday for the first time. I love it. Nice DA pull and recoil not an issue for me or my wife.

How did you find us?

Post by 8080 »

I'm a new member & just got a P64 last week ( 2/5/07). I'm hooked on weapons & read a book on the green berets in Afgahanistan by Robin More "The hunt for Bin Laden" & the gb head leader had two makarovs for ccw & I got intrested in PMs from that book. After finding a makarov forum a member made reference to P64.proboards67.com which I joined & got pumped up to buy a P-64 .......thank's guys 80-80 I'm also into 1911s & smith & wesson revolvers & aks
zoostation

How did you find us?

Post by zoostation »

Went looking for P-64 grips over on gunboards and got directed here.
sheriff51

How did you find us?

Post by sheriff51 »

was on militarysurplusriflesforum.com and found a link. Looking for a way to improve the double action trigger Lots of help here. I've had the P-64 for a few years but never shot it much. Now that Kansas has joined the rest of the country at last with Concealed Carry I plan to use it as a "summer" CC gun. Looks to be a good site my companies web cops havent blocked it as they have several others.
ozarker

How did you find us?

Post by ozarker »

Welcome sheriff51.. I know you will find a good bunch of people here and lots of info. I'm glad also Ks has a CCW law since my Son lives in the state. And your welcome in Mo also so come on over :-)
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

How did you find us?

Post by duggi60 »

Welcome -- Sherriff 51 to this wonderful & knownledge filled
forum.

:)
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

How did you find us?

Post by beasleydano »

zoostation- when somebody posts about the P-64 on gunboards they are sure to get an invitation. BTW, what grips did you get?

sheriff51- another welcome.
qarlo

How did you find us?

Post by qarlo »

After having the opportunity to fire my father's P-64 at the gun range and falling in love with the pistol, I decided I wanted to know more about the gun. Thus I googled P-64 Pistol, and 4th down the listing was the main website... the rest as it is said is history. I stumbled upon an awesome community of ppl who are not only "in the know" but who so far seem to be cool. I've left many a gun forum in the past due to BS that just didn't need to be said. I don't log in much due to my job (Private Security Officer) and the hours I keep, but I guess it keeps my posts relevant. Though I wouldn't mind an "Off Topics" area to just chat with you all about anything and everything outside of firearms. I now own my own CZAK, one manufactured in 1973 and will be carrying it as a duty pistol soon enough.
crazy

How did you find us?

Post by crazy »

new guy in town ..found ya on a search for info,,.Found a p-64 over on gunboards for 135.00 shipped,,deceided what the heck ..polish guns are usually a good quality weapon,,never even herd of a p-64 before that..but i got a feeling it may need a friend,,LOL..it's a very nice looks unfired 1974 dated pistol that i am really impressed with and can't beleive it was only 135.00..glad to be aboard here and keep the info comming!!
..now to figure out the pic posting trick..
just call me crazy,,here and there
redfestiva

How did you find us?

Post by redfestiva »

You got a good deal at $135.00 shipped. I gave $169.00 plus tax at a gun shop just after Christmas. A place called SOG has been selling them for about $139.00 to dealers but some forum members have reported that they are out of real mint ones and the ones left have finish flaws. If you want extra magazines for your P-64 , SOG has new originals for $9.95 plus shipping. I bought 2 of them and they work perfect.

http://www.southernohiogun.com/
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

How did you find us?

Post by duggi60 »

SOG told me last week they ran out of mags for the P64.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

How did you find us?

Post by gunneyrabbit »

The folks that I bought my P-64 from, THE GUN ZONE in Portland Oregon
polock

How did you find us?

Post by polock »

Was on surplusrifle.com--someone posted a link to you all. Have enjoyed learning, & recently bought my first P64. Am impressed with the gun; don't like the recoil!
"I have never seen a situation so desperate that the arrival of a policeman did not make worse"--Brendan Behan, Irish post