QUESTION FOR p-64 only

Info, pictures, advice...
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

QUESTION FOR p-64 only

Post by garry »

I have not tried to overfill my P64 . I have 5 mags W/6 RNDS. EACH , and i just empty one , put a fresh one in an so on.
Good Question Norm !!!

Redfestiva = Lil' toe = rub some dirt on it , it'll be fine ! lol
Sorry to hear , hurting toes suuuucks ! Hope it heals fast for you !
Knob Creek ! WOOT !! WOOT !! g
redfestiva

QUESTION FOR p-64 only

Post by redfestiva »

thanks garry,
It's good for some sympathy at least, wifey can wait on me had and foot now "NOT" :)
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

QUESTION FOR p-64 only

Post by garry »

Redfestiva = Anytime man, anytime ! lol G
benriquez

QUESTION FOR p-64 only

Post by benriquez »

rotation is key on keeping full mage i keep two with six one in and backup, hav six mags total
donnerwetter58

QUESTION FOR p-64 only

Post by donnerwetter58 »

I do the 6 + 1 drill with my P-64. Three different mags, no second shot issues.
Silver Bear JHP and FMJ.
With the slide still back from the previous mag, I prefer to drop a round in the chamber (after removing the empty mag) and return the slide by hand. When the slide is fully returned, the loaded chamber indicator will protriude. Insert a full mag and you're good to go.
This gun initially had issues feeding hollow points. This was cured by removal of the sharp edge on the lower feed ramp.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

QUESTION FOR p-64 only

Post by garry »

Hey Donnerwetter58 ! if you let the slide slam back into battery with a round already in the chamber, there is a high risk that the extractor could break as it tries to snap itself back around the case rim. It is a fairly common occurence in repair shops with "other" guns. Kinda like driving on a bald tire= it will stop functioning eventually, or break the extractor. Norm pointed out that they are hardened steel and they do not like to bend, therefore they break or snap. Previously i was worried that the extractor would bend inwards until it could not close the slide. Thanks for "straightening" this out for me Norm ! Anyways, It seems worth noting. If you slowly return the slide, it should make no difference , but, slamming the slide and smacking the extractor on the back of a rim of a cartridge might. . i hope this info helps avoid malfunctions for y'all. G
donnerwetter58

QUESTION FOR p-64 only

Post by donnerwetter58 »

Garry,
If you look at the breech face of a P-64 you will see that there is no way to get the rim under the extractor other than riding the extractor over the rim. The rim can't feed under the extractor like a 1911 and such.
I don't just let the slide "fly" when I do this. It's just easier than loading the first round from a mag then topping off the mag.
I will agree that this is not the best method for all pistols, but it shouldn't hurt a P-64.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

QUESTION FOR p-64 only

Post by garry »

aaah i see what you mean ! Thanks donnerwetter58 !! That kind of insight and attention to detail is why i like this forum so well !! Thanks for correcting that ! It is kind of like an old wives tale= Slamming the extractor around a rim in the chamber . oops , Not meaning an "old wives Tail !" lol
anyways , that is a good explanation of the extractor and rim !! Thanks again , G