P-64 update

Info, pictures, advice...
daniel

P-64 update

Post by daniel »

I soaked and cleaned the p-64 this morning. It still jams when I hand slide it. I have not shot it yet, the nearest gun range is 25 miles one way and they charge 18.00 an hour. Do you still think I should try and shoot it. Thanks Dan
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 update

Post by garry »

Question = are you letting the slide slam home on it's own? just curious. They LOVE to slam back to battery, so if you ease it back, that is not what they are used to and might not work. let the slide go back on its own as hard as it can and it should lock up . I imagine that you are, but, i just wanted to check. Still don't sweat it tho, there is a solution. so keep us informed Daniel. G
daniel

P-64 update

Post by daniel »

I am letting the side slam back on its own, it jams no matter what I do. very flustrating, I want this gun to work. Thanks Dan
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 update

Post by manicmechanic »

I'm just a rookie on the CZAK, but when I cleaned mine up over the weekend I noticed the spring loaded plunger behind the extractor moved alot better and smoother after the soak, air compressor treatment, and lube. Is yours moving ok? I just checked mine, I can pull up on the extractor with my fingernail and get close to a 1/16 of an inch of movement on the extractor.
Last edited by manicmechanic on April 2nd, 2007, 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 update

Post by garry »

OK i just wanted to be positive about that . this is such an odd thing that i am not familiar with at all. I am absolutely sure this will get solved Daniel. Is the extractor bent? did you ever try to drop a bullet into the chamber and the let it slam into battery? If so then the extractor could be bent from trying to get around the rim out of sequence. that is pretty common. i will assume that you did Not do this . it will still be a good idea to witness what the extractor is doing when the bullet lifts up into position, and starts to chamber. the extractor should have a "grip on the rim as it grabs the bullet and starts in. If it HAS grabbed the cartridge, then can you tell if the bullet is correctly lined up with the chamber, or is it (the bullet point) contacting the inside of the action anywhere briefly before aligning with the chamber?> i hope that is not to garbled to understand . sorry , anyway the extractor should firmly grab and line up the bullet immediately == unless the extractor is bent and it pushes the bullet other that dead straight in . extractors that are bent will not do all of this "aiming" , and can bend worse . I am not at all an expert(read: NORM) heehee but this is one thing to look at . i hope it helps Daniel. G
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 update

Post by garry »

Sorry Daniel ! here is a shorter version:

Extractors bend inwards toward the primer on the back of the bullet when they malfunction(bend), if it is hitting the back of the bullet- then, the slide cannot close tight. it would likely Not fire because the firing pin might not be able to reach the primer if the slide is not fully closed. that would be about the same distance away as the slide. sheeew after all that typing i sure hope it is that simple . lol i hope more of the guys can clear this up for you but i will be here trying to figure it out with you ! Good luck and i will return later after i mow on this Hot sunny day . G
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-64 update

Post by normsutton »

email DAN already told him he could have a bad extractor or a bad recoil spring or both
the extractor break before it bends its made of harden cast steel

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
zbysiu23

P-64 update

Post by zbysiu23 »

HI,
I may sound bit silly...
by jamming what do you exactly mean...
is the slide jamming... are the cartridges jamming..not feeding into the chamber....???
describe the procedure..
zbysiu23

P-64 update

Post by zbysiu23 »

Sorry Daniel,
I have just found your previous posts under P-64 JAMS..I can see there ..erase .. my post..
zbysiu23

P-64 update

Post by zbysiu23 »

Dan,
How is your CZAK operating withou the ammo..everything slides and moves smooth and as it should be...
daniel

P-64 update

Post by daniel »

The first bullet always go's in the barrel, I eject that one and the next bullet jams. unloaded the gun works and slides fine. Dan
daniel

P-64 update

Post by daniel »

Also, I put norinco bullets in mag and am having less jamming, But if put 6 rnds in the mag, when i depress the top bullet to check the tention, the top bullett pushes downward and sticks, when i put 5 rnds in the mag all the buletts push downward. and I have little or no jamming with 5 of the norinco bulletts in the mag, does this make any sense. Dan
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 update

Post by garry »

If Unsure-the correct way would be to take it to a gunshop or qualified gunsmith and have them inspect it.
tho, it'd be just like me to load it and try shooting it and see if it will cycle . Safe? beats me, but I'd do her. It might just need the mighty shooting impact to "free" it up. Daniel , I sure hope it works ! again if it seems somehow Unsafe, have a pro look it over . i hate to see it cost you anything . G
zbysiu23

P-64 update

Post by zbysiu23 »

Hi,
It does not look like an ejector problem since it ejects the first..and once the second feeds it most likely ejects the second..?
I s it very tight to load the magazine??
Has the magazine ever came out when shooting?
What is the year on your CZAK ???
Did you change any springs ?
Do all your magazines act the same ?
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 update

Post by garry »

I really think someone would need to see it up close to know for sure , did you look thru the repair section of this forum? I read about some mags needing a feed lip rubdown or shine or something . I can't remember whom wrote that but i will read thru them tonight and try to post in the morn. Goodnight to all ! G