P-64 update

Info, pictures, advice...
redfestiva

P-64 update

Post by redfestiva »

Great news Daniel,
If 5 plus 1 works so be it. Every once in awhile try 6 again, maybe it will eventually break in and start firing the 6th round outa the mag, if not , still cool. Hope you enjoy as much as I do mine. I too don't mind the recoil. I prefer to think of it as "shoots with attitude". Plus with a pistol this small, you still hit what you aim at. Just curious, what cleaning and lubricating products are you using on your P-64?
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 update

Post by bzinggg »

Garry,

Just a note on ammo. I read about the extra dollars you are spending on Hornady and CCI etc, and I want to tell you that the surplus is good food for your P-64 and plenty good ammo for range AND personal defense. To the point: Surplus ammo may have the door slammed on it in the not-so-distant future. I have a favorable opinion of the Silver Bear line and I think that anyone with Makarkov caliber pistols ought to stock up pretty quickly if they haven't already. I like AIM and think they have the best deal, but there are also several other sellers that have it and other surplus at what is still a bargain price. That CCI Blazer is certainly not special and you can get twice as much Silver Bear for the money. The Hornady is a good performer, both in the action and on the target, but it can't beat the Silver Bear. Brown Bear is made in the same factories and performs about the same. Polish, Czech and Chinese 9x18 surplus is also good as reported by many members on several forums. I like the Wolf 7.62x39 and the Wolf Gold Performance 8mm Mauser, but I avoid it in the 9x18 pistols, especially the P-64.

So, to you and other friends and members, "Don't wait around too long!"
Last edited by bzinggg on April 5th, 2007, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 update

Post by garry »

Thanks Bzinggg ! I also like the wolf 7.62x39 ! A "friend" said the Wolf was " bad stuff" and i had to laugh and tell him " whomever told you that apparently never shot it !" I luckily have many hundreds of wolf rounds because they are some great stuff ! i think most ammo made in the countries where the guns originated are usually better in those guns ! i like the Wolf and some Bear . i enjoy trying all the different types. I have some of the Silver Bear and i think it is fine ammo ! I have a half box left that i saved , because it is good shooting stuff ! I posted some different ammo results from when i tried several types , somewhere on this forum , i don't know where they went tho . It was before i learned how to post stuff well. anyways i had 5 types that day and the S&B and Hornady worked best that day and CCI was fairly wild shooting stuff.
CCI .25 auto works BEST in my lil' pistol but not in the P64. I was at the Indoor range so i couldn't try the Silver Bear. ( no steel types of ammo are allowed there.|) But i also shoot at my Bros. Farm and that is where i got to try the SBear. I liked it so much that i saved some back for special purposes.
i want to try the Norinco but i will have to order it online, which ,to me, is a bit scary. G
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 update

Post by bzinggg »

I felt that way at first, too. AIM is real careful with your personal information as are all the links that I post for buying ammo on this forum. I've used AIM and J&G Sales, Midway, and Sportsman's Guide.

Just make a copy of your Driver's Liscense on a regular sheet of paper and send it to AIM according to their instructions. They keep it confidential. Then you can jump on the many bargains that they offer. They (I usually talk to Steve) always have treated me very well, and over the last few years, I have ordered several pistols, rifles and lots of ammo from them. It's a gas to get their flier in the mail occasionally, too.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

P-64 update

Post by garry »

OK i will do that !! Also on a sad note : i did not get to go try my 2nd batch of homemade bullets today after all. boohooo.
G