First Impressions

Info, pictures, advice...
tomc

First Impressions

Post by tomc »

Picked up my first P64 the other day and finally got a chance to try it out today.
For comparison, I dragged my Buligarian PM and CZ82 along.
First off, I like it, but it's gona take some getting used to. Had a hard time finding the sites, so I won't comment on my groups 8)
I'm pretty sure that the springs arn't the originals, the recoil wasn't as bad as I was expecting; the DA is pretty awful but the SA it light and crisp(almost to light). I'd like to lighten up the DA some, but I'm afraid it would make the SA to light for me to feel safe with. I'm guessing it's a 2-3 #pull now.
It's kinda hard to compare it to my other Maks, I shootl them way better and am used to the triggers, but its' a definite keeper and after another 100 rds ,or so, I'll probably start to carry it, especially in warm weather.
jemsj4

Re: First Impressions

Post by jemsj4 »

Congrats on the P64. I love mine. I too have trouble with the small sights. I like carrying the P64 & have gotten used to the trigger. I have a CZ82 as well. I liked the CZ82 so much, I bought each of my kids a CZ83.
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Hurryin' Hoosier »

I hardly consider my P64 a "range" gun. And, to be honest, I don't even find it all that much "fun" to shoot. What it is, to me, is a solid, reliable, dependable little pocket gun with enough "poop" to get the job done.
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"
jemsj4

Post by jemsj4 »

I agree it's not a range gun. I do like to practice enough to be proficient, though.
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

I'm not sure what a "range" gun is; do those have some sort of special marking?
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

snailman153624 wrote:I'm not sure what a "range" gun is; do those have some sort of special marking?
No. It's personal preference as to what guns you enjoy shooting at the "range".
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Hurryin' Hoosier »

Weasel640 wrote:
snailman153624 wrote:I'm not sure what a "range" gun is; do those have some sort of special marking?
No. It's personal preference as to what guns you enjoy shooting at the "range".
Thanks, Weasel.
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"
LantanaTX

Post by LantanaTX »

I always take the P-64 to the range along with a Makarov and CZ82 and find myself shooting the heck out of the P-64. I find it really fun to shoot, but I do feel it latter in the base of my thumb and that is with wood grips. Before I changed the recoil spring to a 22# Wolf spring I felt more pain right away. I think a really good combination to really like the gun is an 18# hammer spring and 22# recoil spring.
carlyee

Post by carlyee »

Finally got out to shoot my P-64. It has a lot of zip. Feel more recoil than my Makarov. The web of your thumb and trigger finger feels it the most. I have a Hogue grip on my Makarov and am wondering if there is one made for the P-64. That would probably take the kick out of the recoil.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Some have used a bicycle inner tube tire fitted to the grip.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
tomc

Post by tomc »

I have a Hogue Jr. on mine, really helps.