CZ -82 I THINK ARE C&R NOW

Info, pictures, advice...
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

got a call into SOG also waiting to hear back ..the order desk still had as an 01... but they are checking with the buyer...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

AIM ARE SOLD OUT BUT ARE SUPOSE TO GET SOME MORE IN
I JUST ORDER 2

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

I am very annoyed at who ever started this thread.. I have been thinking about getting one of these for awhile now ..I had promised myself I would not buy anymore stuff till I get out to Knob Creek ..well you made me buy one of these..darn darn darn.
Hey really thanks for pushing me over the edge... hey for the price and what you get you cant go wrong.. by the way not all the 82 s are C and R just certain ser. numbers or manufacture dates or some other criteria ...SOG had 100 in stock but they are not c and r according to them but they do know that some are..
drogers

Post by drogers »

AIM tells me the new shipment is expected this week. Mine should be here Friday.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

ooooh Knob Creek -- *sigh* i want to go see that sooooo badly. here is a youtube video of Gunny from "Mail Call" at the Knob Creek range , whooping it up ! It looks awesomely fun !! methinks. G
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UtosDFNNP8
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

AIM tells me the new shipment is expected this week. Mine should be here Friday.
thats what they told me also... they scored a home run here but we won....
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

ooooh Knob Creek -- *sigh* i want to go see that sooooo badly. here is a youtube video of Gunny from "Mail Call" at the Knob Creek range , whooping it up ! It looks awesomely fun !! methinks. G
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UtosDFNNP8
I will fire off a few rounds for ya....hey there is always sick days
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

Thanks !! I will get there someday. does anyone know how much $$ it would cost to get in, and then rent a machine gun? total cost for a chance to go shoot one? I will be driving from KCMO and i need to know how much money to take to park ,get in, and shoot one heavy machine gun or even just a B.A.R. ? any help with approx. figures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. G
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

[quote anjdrifter]I am very annoyed at who ever started this thread.. quote]

SORRY ABOUT THAT
IT WAS ME

but I'm in the same boat

I'm never going to get my MARTINI finish they way things are going (lol)

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on April 2nd, 2007, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
mecenas

Post by mecenas »

Neither CZ 82 nor P64 are on the ATF C&R list and therefore they are NOT C&R inspite of what you may be hearing. There maybe an occasional gun placed on C&R list because of its museum or memento value, but it must be something special (like an engraved model given as a valued gift to someone famous) to justify ATF designation as C&R and then it generally has a specific serial number.
For those of you in California, you can buy and/or import a gun that is on a C&R list. These are exempt from the test requirements but a gun must be on ATF C&R list before it qualifies.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

Thanks !! I will get there someday. does anyone know how much $$ it would cost to get in, and then rent a machine gun? total cost for a chance to go shoot one? I will be driving from KCMO and i need to know how much money to take to park ,get in, and shoot one heavy machine gun or even just a B.A.R. ? any help with approx. figures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. G
it is easy just go to the web site and it gives you all you need to know..
www.machinegunshoot.com/
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

i am trying to find out how much gun rent is and i don't see that info there . just wondered if anyone had been there done that and paid. thanks. G
drogers

Post by drogers »

Neither CZ 82 nor P64 are on the ATF C&R list and therefore they are NOT C&R inspite of what you may be hearing. There maybe an occasional gun placed on C&R list because of its museum or memento value, but it must be something special (like an engraved model given as a valued gift to someone famous) to justify ATF designation as C&R and then it generally has a specific serial number.
For those of you in California, you can buy and/or import a gun that is on a C&R list. These are exempt from the test requirements but a gun must be on ATF C&R list before it qualifies.
Where does the most up to date information show up?
mecenas

Post by mecenas »

Here is a word for word ATF Rule:

Curios or Relics: Firearms which are of special interest to collectors by reason of some quality other than is associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of
the following categories:
(a) Firearms that were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof;
(b) Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and
(c) Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event. Proof of qualification of a particular firearm under this category may be established by evidence of present value and evidence that like firearms are not available except as collector's items, or that the value of like firearms available in ordinary commercial channels is substantially less.

Since P64 was made in 1964 - the earliest it would become eligible would be in 2014 for those guns that are dated 1964. CZ will be eligible in 2032. Good luck
drogers

Post by drogers »

Here is a word for word ATF Rule:

Curios or Relics: Firearms which are of special interest to collectors by reason of some quality other than is associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of
the following categories:
(a) Firearms that were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof;
(b) Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and
(c) Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event. Proof of qualification of a particular firearm under this category may be established by evidence of present value and evidence that like firearms are not available except as collector's items, or that the value of like firearms available in ordinary commercial channels is substantially less.

Since P64 was made in 1964 - the earliest it would become eligible would be in 2014 for those guns that are dated 1964. CZ will be eligible in 2032. Good luck
The section you quoted states that a firearm must fall under one of the categories, not all. A look at the BATF website for firearms added through 2005 shows a number that are less than 50 years old.